Fantasy Fluffy Pet (now with free blend file)

Hi all,
this is just a quick 2 day project I did for the weekly cg challenge. Enjoy! :smiley:

EDIT: I’ve decided to upload the bear blendfile, (for educational purposes :wink: ) Here’s the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/flrf7v2ekuf9bru/Bear.blend?dl=0

Enjoy!
-G

Oooh, waow, lovely, and very well done for a two days project. I’m impressed. The look of the bear is very good.

That’s just amazing, especially for two days! Really love the bear

Oh how I miss Monsters Inc. if I look at this! Great job!

Lovely fur and great look as all over. Must have been intense two days. Did you render it with cycles (The fur really looks awesome, so I’m interested in the technical stuff behind it hehe)?

Thank you all! your positive feedback is muchappreciated. :slight_smile:

@ToshiCG thank you! Yes it was rather intense, but the topic was so inspiring that I just had to enter :wink: This is all rendered in Cycles, at 500 samples, and a bit of final compositing was done in Photoshop.

Wow, fantastic job Guss! Especially with the fur, did you use the Blender hair system?

That looks great! Love the fur :slight_smile:

gotta agree with all the other posters here too - outstanding work on the bear fur :slight_smile: well done!
I really like that glowey rim light and halo too. It really helps make this image feel more magical

thank you guys! @Artloader yep the hair is all blender :slight_smile: @Jeepster thanks man, yeah I really tried to convey a distinct magical/fantasy feel to it, if only in a subtle way :wink:

You did that in two days? Wow.

Would you mind sharing the hair settings?

@Jastreich thanks :smiley: I would share the hair settings, but I’m to lazy, so I just uploaded a blend file of the bear. (check the dropbox link in my original post)

hope you find it useful :smiley:

wow I’ve been rated 5 stars!! thanks all!
U rock!

Very beautiful Guss, congrats.

Thanks a lot Madrid82 :smiley:

Wow, very generous! Thanks Guss!