I hate blender. How to move something to left/right not up/down?

I even set the armature to be 90 degrees (although, who the hell knows if it stayed like that? remember, we’re using blender here), then I apply the armature to the mesh but no it makes absolutely no difference at all. Still limits me to moving the armature just up and down

Until I can afford Maya, Blender is all I’ve got. Out of all the programs I use Blender is the armpit of all of them and I’ve had the most issues with it

If someone could help me out, that’d be great. Thanks

Apart from the fact that you hate Blender, and it’s the worthless-est shit you ever met, you provide no useful info about your scene, armature, anything.

Please post a .blend file, so we can see what’s wrong in it. (And, for your convenience, calm yourself before posting next time, that attitude won’t garner you many responses).

If you can’t figure out Blender, what makes you think spending a couple grand on Maya is going make you any smarter?

The only difference will be that your complaining will shift to the Maya forums and you’ll be out a couple thousand.

Nobody else seems to be having a problem doing great things in Blender.

Have you considered that it might just be you?

Have you tried weighting the mesh?

exactly

BTW the maya forum is called AREA :slight_smile: which isn’t a dedicated to maya only so… good luck getting someone to reply to your threads

And op

It’s probably something you did

Post a .blend file, so we can see what’s the problem you’re having, and be more helpfull :slight_smile:

A helpful tip for beginners: bitching and whining won’t solve your problems. Watching tutorials and/or posting your .blend for us to look at, will.

Do you have the transforms locked for left and right?

@OP

With such an attitude, better you stay away. Please learn & understand the process we call Reading & Writing, Correspondence, Dialog… As a ‘fresh’ member could at least take a look at stickies on top of forums!

Also you can get Free Maya for 3 years of learning process.

Enjoy

Any software can be a bit blah blah, problem is with the emotional mind is that, we don’t think logically about how to solve a problem, we just get emotional and start dislikeing what we liked in the past because an irritation stopping us from going forward.