Cloth simulation going through collision objects?

As it says in the title, my cloth simulation is behaving strangely and falling through multiple collision objects in my scene. I’ve looked through the docs and haven’t found a clear solution to this. Has anyone had any experience with this or know how to fix it? Thanks much!

1 Like

you can try baking it again, it may have had some errors the first time. is the cloth supposed to be over or under the gray pipe?

It’s supposed to be over it. It’s also going through the leg if you can see it. It happened multiple times with different bakes so I’m thinking that isn’t the issue.

could you post a image of the cloth options?, and is there and sub surf modifiers on, not sure how this would effect you cloth. you can try going to cloth options, cloth collisions and set the quality up.

hope this helps.

Here are the cloth settings:

I had another thought – maybe it has something to do with the thickness of the cloth? Right now it is only a single plane. Thoughts?

it being a plan shouldn’t be a problem, in the cloth collisions panel, increase the value of Quality, Repel, and Repel Distance. this should make the cloth more reactive to collisions and make not lay directly on the mesh, it should lay and shouldn’t be noticeable.

2 Likes

Ah yes this fixed it. Thanks for the help!

1 Like