How to you make bones follow AND curve along a path??

Sometimes from 3d models I download I see animals like snakes which are made purely of a spline ik rig which follows and accurately curves along the path it follows so that it makes the snake look like its crawling in an S motion. How do I do that with just a plain old rig? I have a fish and I want it to follow a path but I also want the bones to curve along the path as it travels along it.

Unless this site is completely useless, I’m having a tremendous difficulty believe no one on this entire website has any clue how to do it seeing as how it’s been done multiple times before in blender. You click on an object, then you click on a path with ctrl P and hit “follow path.” I want to do exactly that EXCEPT also have the bones curve or animate themselves along with the path, as if I could assign a only a single inverse kinematic bone to the path which had a sort of “inertia” or “friction” property about it that dragged other bones with it instead of every bone following the path with their location fixed.

edit: glhf

And yet the first post was 100% reasonable and you only posted AFTER I complained just to troll and wate everyone’s time with a useless post, once again proving that the pathetic excuses for people here relish negativity and continue to deserve nothing less than that. You’re the elitist one’s with the audacity to call yourselves “artists” so if you can’t answer a simple question, don’t call yourselves artists.

I clicked in after your second post. Was looking to help you out depending on what I saw. I saw the word “useless” again.

Have a nice day.

I think you just removed yourself from everybody’s christmas list - we all have other thing to do and at times you will have to wait for us to come back from holiday for example. Remember we all give our time here free - berating us for having other things to do is not helpful and will not get you the help you need. If I were you I would close my account and start again with a more positive and realistic attitude.

Clock.

Probrum est a pallens mens permaneo refugium.

Are you really that dumb and naïve? I already got this question answered on a different website, no problem, once again proving from you actions that you’re nothing more than a pathetic excuse for a community, lying to the public about being “artists” when you clearly can’t answer a simple question and do nothing but troll. Good luck wasting your life here and accomplishing nothing.

Then the sooner you crawl back up your own arse and stop bothering us the better - pathetic low lives like you should try going out more often, then you can really find out how much you are despised.

Fortunately for us in this community, you have sunk so low that we can no longer see or hear you from our ivory towers. You are right - your question was easy to answer, so easy in fact that we all thought is was a joke or a wind-up, sadly you are not close to funny. I notice you cannot spell or write English correctly either, another sign of your intellectually challenged state. I suggest you peddle your inadequacies elsewhere.

Do not expect any more responses from this community.

You’re the elitist asshole with the audacity to call yourselves “artists” when you do nothing but troll. If you advertise to the public “we’re so good we make art out of a purely mathematical construct” then you sure as hell better be able to prove it. I gave you chance after chance after chance to show that you at least capable of being even half of a decent person and you can’t even manage that, it’s just so incredibly easy to show you’re nothing but a disgrace that the time it takes to do it is negligible.

Wow, what the hell man ? Reread yourself you’ll see where it went wrong…

Hadrien

Hell is a good way to describe this pitiful site. Actually, that’s an insult to hell. If you can’ answer the questions, don’t lie to the public about being a community of artists, pathetic. If you want to prove it, well I’ve given to plenty of chances, Answer the questions, don’t troll, and this site won’t inevitably suffer a slow and painful death as the more superior, sophisticated and positive sites take over, it’s very very very very simple and the fact that so many “members” are failing at such a basic task is disturbing.

Wow, I just did some work on a blend file of my snake following a path to upload for this thread. I really need to start reading the post complete, not just the first entry, before I post.
I disagree with some here. The way I do it works very well but it is not easy…I’ll go ahead and post the file you will not figure it out.
http://www.pasteall.org/blend/38545
This is my new favorite thread.

Holy shit hahaha what’s with all the bitterness ? Take it easy everyone is different you can’t talk about an entire community just like that… had I seen your post first hand I would have helped you right away… but reading this…just imagine behaving like this in life, among people each busy on their thing… that won’t go well !

@Hadriscus,

J’ai aider cet homme quand il était nouvelle à BA et précédemment ses problème psychologique commencé à être visible. J’ai pensé à obtenir le chien de mon voisin à réponse ça question , ce chien a un quotient intellectuel supérieur que BlunderNob , que font la plupart des poissons , mais j’ai décider contre ça. J’ai réfléchir maintenant il est le meilleur ignorer. Si il faisait ça dans la vie , quelqu’un vivacité éteint ses dents, je pense!

Pardonez-moi pour mon Français terrible, j’ai vendu ma maison en France il y a 3 ans et j’ai renoncer beaucoup de Français.

Salutations, Clock.

Tu as probablement raison néanmoins je voulais essayer de calmer le jeu… anyway thanks and your french may be a tad clunky it is understandable. ;]

@Blendernube I hope you got it working ! In case you’re stuck - which happens all the time to each one of us - don’t hesitate to come by…

Hello! Do not go to quarrel… I have the same problem I made folow the path with parented armature to folowing path cube and need to record animation of this armature going along path for future move it to Cryengine … Please help how to do this! (I click pose main root armature click set kayframe in the begining and set keyframe in the end then delete folowthe path line and object stay on one place and not moving along recorded keyframes… Such problem… Please help how to solve it

Before You answer I will try to search answer in other places in internet… If I find out I place link here