Who designs using the Stereoscopic views? And does it work with 3D Vision?

Hi,

I stumbled upon the options to enable stereoscopic views (which the concept blew my mind).

So I ordered a bunch of anaglyph glasses from 3Dstereo.com ( (red,blue), (green,magenta), (yellow, amber) ) and hope to see my models in full 3D as soon as they arrive.

Has anyone been using these views in their design workflow? if so could you please list some of your experiences (pros, cons) while using stereoscopic to design with?

And one very important questing (as im trying to decide on a hardware purchase): Can this stereoscopic view be used with Nvidia 3d vision?

These are the options to enable and control Stereoscopic behavior of the interface (as well as control stereo output rendering) :

Never tried it but from memory it does support 3D monitors… but again i dont have the hardware so i cant give you a 100% guarentee thats true

So you ordered such glasses;
Have you put them on for a few hours working in Blender do you feel OK ?, or do you get dizzy ?.
I know that computer 3D often stresses the human mind, since our brains dont like to be fooled with.

• For example in the 3D movie the smurfs, had often with wild camera movements, however the horizon within each frame was sharp.This was wrong, a motionblur should have been aplied, one that takes into account distant movement moves fast and blurs more then nearby movement.
  • Another thing that’s often confusing is that the eyes wander around normally.But with a 3D movie, the focus point is set to a certain fixed position.As a result eyes who normally wander, might like to look at something else then that fixed point.However the eyes wont be able to set focus point to it, (what is in focus and what is not, was decided by movie maker).
  • It seams that these mind confusing effects get stronger with age, children probably don’t care about it. They care more about the cola and popcorn afterwards, and usually dont talk how strange it all looked.

Since the work screen, isn’t supposed to be fine tuned for such things which isare complex for movie makers, i wonder just like you, if you feel happy edditing for a long time with stereo glasses.

I just realized that two of my Dell laptops had Quadro FX series GFX cards installed so I was able to test this feature and I can report success on both of them. I do not have shutter glasses but my HeadPlay HMD goggles were able to produce full stereoscopic output. The graphics cards I used were the FX2800m (in ubuntu linux) and FX1000m (in windows). So now Im hoping that Nvidia 3D Vision2 shutter glasses and a good monitor will yield similar results.