My first Male body

This is my first attempt at a realistic male.

I am hoping to use it for animation so if you see something that you think will help or if you need more pictures please let me know.

This is beautiful! The topology flows so nicely! It does seem a bit dense right on the side of his torso though. Other than that, this is way better than anything I’ve ever done. I look forward to seeing more progress!

THANK YOU!!
I"ve been useing references from the internet Alot to find out where edge loops should go though there are not alot for armpits so it is just kind of a hole

Yeah, nice shape and poly flow. Maybe you could show AO rendered view, it should be nice to look at!

What is you goal? Are you going to make a full body with head and legs?
Keep up the good work.

I want to use it as a base mesh for an animated series though human in shape there are many races some with cat heads some with dog heads and some with wings. I’ll do a render tomorrow when I’m back on the computer.
I’m looking for realism in fantasy as contradicting as that sounds.

is this better

This is an ao render if its not what you were talking about i apologize just let me know and i will see what i can do.
What i would like to use this for is an animated seires though it will have many different heads and and some will even have wings.

The shape looks really nice, but the topology needs some work. For modelling an entire body, it it better to start with a simpler mesh. Yours is very dense which is causing problems. Here is a link to a good tutorial on making the a human mesh https://area.autodesk.com/tutorials/subdivision_body_model The tutorial was written is done in maya and creates a female mesh, but you can easily adapt it for blender and use the basic idea for a male body. The problem with starting with a dense mesh is that it takes longer to get the basic shape in, and the topology is often rather screwy, for instance the side view of your chest under the pectorals.

I hope this helps, and you are doing a great job for your first attempt at this kind of modelling.

i see what you mean mickeyjoe thank you for pointing that out.
I dont have the bandwidth for video tutorials so most of what i do is just (monkey see monkey do) that is why this thread is so important to me it helps me learn.
I have no sculpting skill as of yet so i am trying to get defenition through topology i will try to simplify it mesh

Just a note the tutorial I suggested is an article not a video tutorial so you should be able to use it.

my thanks on the tutorial i will try it out and see where it gets me and will keep everyone posted

I know it has been awhile but id like to show where i am at at the moment

after adding ears i get to try attaching the head if anyone has ideas on how or just want to comment on the piece please feel free

for those that want to see the wireframe

This is a garu one of the many races in my world i will show more when i can but first the neck!!!
i will try to make this into a complete model but i need advice. please help!

You should probably start by looking at necks… I think I would go with a human neck. Then model till you have the same amount of vertices in the edge loops and do a bridge edge loops?

Disclaimer: I’ve never done anything as good as this, so I’m probably telling you things you already know :slight_smile:

Those are perfect edge loop, still want to roll the view into where to pecks and flanks meet the under arm. To see that.

The topology looks a bit to dense but it seems pretty perfect.
Very nice flow :slight_smile:

here is an update sorry ive been offline for awile

here he is

So I am having a hard time getting the neck right I will update with the topology soon