Ice-Cube

Hi, I have tried to recreate Ice-Cube the rapper in blender.
There are some things I am not happy with, for example the eyebrows which I tried doing using hair but didn´t get right.
But anyway im looking for critique on my creation so feel free to give me some critique! :slight_smile:

(final render)

(Solid render)

(reference image)

here are some possible issues I identified…also, you should use more reference photos from different angles.

I think the biggest thing you need to fix is the outer edge of the eyes, as the skin there looks too thick and creates a weird, unnatural shadow.
The teeth are probably too straight, they don’t seem to have a natural horse shoe shape.
Also what Primekeeper and Modron said :slight_smile:

Good stuff but it can be improved. Keep at it!

thanks for the critique guys! I have taken what you said and tried to improve it a bit.
I added a texture that was painted simple(I kinda suck at texturepainting).
and sculpted some more and tried to fix the teeths.

please let me know if its an improvement or not!
Gonna keep working with it!

also i tried to add some dimples to his face.
So I used the noise textured with the displacement modifier.
I got this result:

haha it looks terrible i know but if you know a better and nicer way to create this please let me know!

My sense is that you’re rushing things. We all get the feeling that we want the cool result ASAP but that’s usually not the best approach. This is a study/self-improvement exercise so there is no need to hurry (nor to delay needlessly either tho).
You might want to try taking things apart and giving each part the time and effort it needs.
Take some time to study the anatomy of the face. Do some modeling studies of eyes, noses, mouth etc.
LOOK at skin pores in photos and real people and think how you could get the effect in blender (it’s not exactly a noise texture :wink: ).
Take some time to study the hair system in blender so it behaves as you want it to.
Etc. :slight_smile:

Yeah you´re probably right… thanks for letting me know! I shall take this in consideration and will defenitely be spending more time on this piece:)