Which card do I need to run Opensubdiv? Nvidia GT 540M and GTX 560 doesn't support it

Hi friends.

I have two computers with two graphic cards: Nvidia GT 540M and Nvidia GTX 560. I have tested Blender 2.76 RC3 and OpenSubdiv is disabled in both computers.

I would like to know which feature determine if Opensubdiv can be run or not.

Wikisays that “Even for CPU evaluation your graphics card should support geometry shaders and uniform buffers at least in order to be able to visualize mesh in the viewport in an optimal way”

I have been looking for that in the specification of my graphic cards and others but I can not find them. Both support Directx 11 and OpenGl 4 but these are not enough.

Any help?

This may help: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.76/OpenSubdiv#Requirements .
Read: Requirements, Limitations, and hardware Limitations. This may help find out what is wrong.

Thank you @Sirgeorge, I didn’t see any limitation there.

I have installed the release version and OpenSubdiv is working now on Nvidia GTX 560. I will test it on the notebook.

Glad to hear I helped.

Did you actually turn it on in User Preferences? File->User Preferences->System tab. Look below the Compute Device (CUDA) area for “Open Subdiv Compute”. I was pulling my hair out until I found this.