Flexrig editing a UV map on character

Hi i have posted this before but need to update my attempt and try and show you how far i got and also an image of the result.

I have tried to put a tattoo on my characters arm and have selected the area and tried to create the UV map so the tattoo just goes on the area i want.

As you can see fromthe image its sort of works but sort of doesnt and i cant seem to fiund the remedy anywhere.
I am using blender render not cycles render, which may be causing the problem or maybe ive missed a step or definately done something wrong. LOL

Can anyone please help me before i continue on with my animation so i dont end up doing too much over again

MAny thanks in advance

Create a new UV map with the texture overlayed on the correct faces
Add the texture to a new texture slot and use those new UVs
Set the Texture Image Mapping to Clip from default Repeat so you don’t get a repeating texture

See attached example blend file

Attachments

tatoo.blend (164 KB)

HI thanks for your help. I got it to work, sort of, but i dont know if its because im using a flexrig character but even though i specified the section of mesh i wanted to UV map (the arm) it is selecting the head too. As the pic shows and therefore duplicates the image on there too.

How do i get rid of the unwanted mesh? I cant seem to select it and delete it to leave me the mesh i need.

OK guys been messing around a little and have now created a patch that goes on the arm to get rid of the duplicate UV mesh. it works but i cant get the exact colour to match the arm colour. the effect as you can see is that the mesh as a definate line around it and the colour doesnt match. Is there a way of getting around it somehow or am i going about it the wrong way. Its all down to using flexrig that as so much in it i cant figure it out.

Please supply a link to a demo blend file with the arm and textures and all materials

Here is a link to my character blend file. As i said it was created using flex rig and im using blender render, not cycles render.

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/38454

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/93926

Hope you can help. Many thanks

You can incorporate the tattoo texture into your skin material rather than make a separate material for the area with the tattoo

Attachments

Ozzy1.blend (6.18 MB)