Graphics Card Help?

I need a gpu to improve rendering in Cycles. I’m using Windows 7 and I have 2 quad-core Xeons 2.26 ghz processors.

I need a graphics card which works with Blender Cycles and would improve my render times from that I’m getting from my CPU’s.

For price I would like it to be below £100.

I also do gaming so I would like it to work well with gaming as well.

My current GPU is a NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800 (which wasn’t compatible with Blender Cycles) so I would like my next graphics card to be better than it for gaming and also better than my CPU for rendering, for under £100, if that’s possible.

If anyone can recommend a graphics card please let me know and if it would help, I can render a benchmark and compare it.

Thanks!

Next gen NVidia GPU are around the corner, but if you can’t wait and have the $$$ then a GTX980Ti is on top presently. If it’s out of reach then a GTX970 is also nice.

Those are really expensive. The GTX 970 is £270

You asked about good performing cards… You get what you pay for.

I also asked for the recommendations to be under £100. I understand that the best cards cost a lot but I’m just trying to find a cheap card which is better than my current one and that is better than my CPU

Hm, my old i5 3750K need 05:30.31, it seams your Xeons are quite old.
I have bought a used GTX 670 2 GB for 70 Pound, it is faster than my GTX 760 but limited in memory.
It is not only performance, you are limited in GPU VRAM too.
If your scene does not fit in VRAM you cant render at all.
May you can get a 670 with 4 GB or a 680 with 3 GB.
The cheaper cards are mostly 2 GB, this is to low.

Cheers, mib

How good would this GT730 or this GT630 be compared to my old graphics card with games/my CPU in rendering? I’m kinda new to GPU’s so I don’t really understand what to compare them by.

EDIT:

Also GT740

Those are entry level GPU only good for browsing the web and using office.

There has to be a decent GPU for under £100

Hi, the GT 640 4 GB DDR5 seams the cheapest card for suitable GPU render.
You can compare the Cuda cores of the same core type, the GT 640 is Kepler core and has 384 Cuda cores, the GTX 670 is Kepler too and has 1344 cores.
Also higher memory/core clock and so forth.
The GT 640 from your link should be faster than your CPU´s but not much, may 5-6 Minutes for the BMW file.
It should be good for gaming, seams easy to find test/benchmarks.
The DDR 5 VRAM is very important, DDR 3 is much slower.
May it is better to wait until next generation come 4/15 or 1/16, all older cards are cheaper or sold out of stock.

Cheers, mib

Thanks! Sorry for asking questions but is more that 2GB essential? This card has good amount of CUDA (compared to the other ones) but only 2GB instead of 3 or 4. Good amount being about double the GT 640

The default cube alone need 500MB + system/display 3-400 MB.
Not much left.
You cant add VRAM later, if you run out of memory you cant render on GPU.
You cant buy a fast CPU for 100 Pound, a fast GPU neither.

Cheers, mib

You could also check on eBay for a used one. A GTX660Ti or GTX750 and up with 4GB if possible. Sometime you can get a deal from someone who upgraded to the best and latest.

Hi guys i am new here ,and this is my first post ,so I’m confused until i have seen the last benchmark GPU in http://blenchmark.com/content/geforce-gtx-960-13 ; as the fast rendering time result ever of 00:00:01 an GTX960 ! really ??? I’m confused now please explain me if that real rendering time .
Hucinus.

Hi guys i am new here ,and this is my first post ,so I’m confused until i have seen the last benchmark GPU in http://blenchmark.com/content/geforce-gtx-960-13 ; as the fast rendering time result ever of 00:00:01 an GTX960 ! really ??? I’m confused now please explain me if that real rendering time .
Hucinus.[ATTACH=CONFIG]403773[/ATTACH]

I’m not a expert, but I could direct your attention to this thread http://pc4u.org/dedicated-graphics-card-or-integrated-hard-disk-or-ssd-five-pc-components-that-you-need-to-know-which-one-is-the-best-for-you/