Human fetus formation and development

Hi guys,I’m trying to make human fetus formation and development processes with Blender.the very initial development starts with a flat and round disc,the disk deforms like what you can see in thisblend file ,in the second stage,disc bends down from the tail and head as well as sides,it keeps bending until all sides (tail,head,and sides) join together and form the belly button.The question is that,how can you change the flat and round disk into a bent and pasted sides object.note that the process should get done slowly and can be understood that how it is progressing.:slight_smile:

You asked this question in the wrong section. You might have get better answers in the Modeling section.

I would use the animall adaon and work backwards. It will take time but it can have great results and you can use the bones when the model is almost full size. Its just alot of work reshaping the whole thing over and over little by little. Oh and going from the disk to a organic shape is hard. You must keep the vert count the same.

Maybe it is a work in progress then it is the correct section.

I think you could do the bulk of the bending using a couple of lattices controlled by absolute shape keys. Depending on how much detail you want you could apply the lattices in the folded formation (after saving a copy without the lattices applied) and finish the joining and formation of the umbilicus and limbs with shape keys on the mesh.

embryo_folding.blend (1.44 MB)

I would not suggest shape keys. Too many steeps going from one shape to another.

Thank you for your being concerned,I have tried lattice modifier,it was pretty hard to get a good result using that.And its my first time hearing animal add once name ,could you please explain it more ?,thank you.