Dynamic rain ripples node material

Hi everyone, i tried to made a dynamic rain/ripples effect with node, all the texture was generate in blender with cycles (ripples map, SSNormalmap…), for animate the all i’m using the lamp data node as time node, based on the excellent work of sebastien largarde for the game “Remenber Me”, a simplified .blend coming soon.

Amazing work!

can you use planeular refelction? realtime?

That’s awesome! Could some randomness in the ripples position be added with a noise texture or with a python script? That’s beautyfull!

Awesome. Is this parallax + cubemap + some other texture maps in just one node in BGE? Something illegally awesome appears to be happening here…:confused:

Wow, looks very impressive :slight_smile:

This is wonderful. I agree with youle, the ripples could use some random placment, but that’s the only flaw I see with it. How well does this run on a medium end system?

And if this is a resource, could we see a blend file? Pretty please, with sugar on top???

That parallax mapping shader in the video is interesting, it doesn’t look like tiled planes. Any information?
Also, fantastic work on the ripples, can’t wait to mess around combining it with a lamp data shadow to mask out the ripples in covered areas.

Edit: Just noticed the speed variable in the group node, how did you set an animated value within nodes? Apologies if I’m asking way too much :p.

Sounds like a dark stormy night with a flashlight could be pretty damn convincing soon in the BGE.

Couldn’t you just use an animated normal map for the ripples? I’m assuming you could scale the size of it just like in your demo, but I’m not sure if you could control the speed of it with nodes.

Hey, nice work. What about a blend? I’m very interested how your setup looks like because the puddles looks alot better than the puddles in my own node setup

+1 to posting a .blend

Yes please! Post a blend of this amazing work!

awesome job man i have to get this thing man it,s cool

Question… To randomize the ripples… could we just rotate the image… or would that just cause more problems?

I think each frame of the rain drop animation would not line up with the last… not sure though,

maybe just have a longer animation to avoid obvious looping?

Very interesting, the whole set up itself is cool

The blend never came…the blend never came :frowning: