Issues with imported rigged character

Hi,

Relatively new to blender user here, any help much appreciated.

I’m having some trouble importing an FBX file containing a rigged humanoid. Essentially the imported model doesn’t seem to have any bone weights when imported using one method. Using an alternative method the rig and the model are not aligned (although the rig will move the model when in pose mode).

When I use blender’s inbuilt FBX importer (with the auto bone rotation option) the humanoid model has the armature set as the parent but the model does not have a armature modifier. If I add the armature modifier myself and set the ‘object’ field to the imported armature, rotating the bones in pose mode does not affect the model (I think because no weights have been imported / assigned). See Pic 1.

Using an alternative FBX importer (described here: https://darisl.wordpress.com/about/importing-fbx-files-into-blender-with-full-armaturesweights/), the armature modifier is correct on import and rotating bones affects the model. However, the model is in ‘A pose’ and the armature is in ‘T pose’ (i.e. the arms do not align). I’ve tried setting the armature back to ‘Rest Position’ but it stays in T-Pose. See Pic 2

Pic 1:

Pic 2:

I see no example .blend and .fbx files in your post !