Problems with Build navigation mesh.

I have followed this tutorial and created a maze:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/An_aMAZEing_game_engine_tutorial

I have then created an “enemy” who is supposed to target my protagonist by using steering (behaviour: path following, target object:protagonist, navigation mesh: Navmesh).

I have chosen the maze and then try to use blenders “Build navigation mesh”. When I press “Build navigation mesh” it creates a new layer and names it “Navmesh”. The problem is that this layer is empty. It has not created a navigation mesh.
So when I add this newly created mesh to the steering of my “enemy” and starts the game, the “enemy” does not move.

I have tried following different tutorials on YouTube (https://youtu.be/aMWeTXL98mM), but with no luck. I see when others create the navigation mesh, they get a colorful area where the object is supposed to move. In my case, I get no colorful areas.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

.blend?

I can’t diagnose without seeing the mesh you are building the navmesh from.

Sorry, attached is the .blend file.
I am trying to build a navigation mesh on the green plane.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

NavMesh.blend (544 KB)

NavMesh2.blend (460 KB)

This?

Yes exactly, but what did you do in order to create the nav mesh?
What was wrong in my .blend file?

i seperated the bottom plane(grid) from the cube “wall”, and made them into seperate objects. And then just built it from the bottom plane. you can see if you select it in the file that I seperated the objects. P in edit mode will seperate into seperate objects btw.

you learn something new everyday ( about P in edit mode)

I separated the bottom plane(grid) from the cube wall, and then tried to build the navigation mesh from the bottom plane. I still experience the same problem. The new navMesh layer is empty :confused:

It looks good in the NavMesh2.blend file you made, but I still can`t create navMesh.

i can just open your file and hit build navigation mesh. and it builds it.

what blender version and OS?

can you try running build navigation mesh on a scaled up cube?

that scene vs fresh scene?

I had a similar problem, and I was using Blender 2.75a. After countless attempts, I thought about switching to another version and trying, and it worked when I tried doing the same with Blender 2.76 RC. I guess using another version should work in this case as well.

I am currently on Blender 2.76 RC and OS X El Capitan version 10.11. I just recently updated to El Capitan, so I also tried this on OS Yosemite.

I tried building Navigation Mesh on a scaled up cube, and with the same result. Empty nav.mesh.

I couldn’t build navmeshes in the 2.76 RC, but it’s working in the daily builds.
EDIT: Fix was included in the official release

Duplicate post, please remove