BGE game --> native for platorms (consoles, mobile). What need to do (taskmap\roadm)?

PS4 at first:)
What need to do this? May developers write the taskmap? For example, I would help, but I don’t now what to do.

Blender uses the SDL library to work cross-platform with openGL and directX. The library doesn’t support consoles so first you should make a patch in the SDL to suport playstation (but since playstation is closed source it will probably be impossible). If not, you would have to replace the SDL with some other library in blender, but that would take a lot of time and effort, so it is not realistically possible.

The BGE will never be able to create things for the consoles because of the GPL license, this is one reason why even Ton has admitted that it’s probably not the best license choice for a game engine.

However, games on the Android platform at least should be doable, but the BGE is just barely scraping by right now dev. wise because of the relative lack of time on the part of the current team (so the best solution would be to cough up a bit of money for a paid contract).

The GPL doesn’t apply to the platform a program is running on nor the operating system. The real reson is SDL and Sony/Mecrosoft/Nintendo/Everybody not wanting bge/free/shity&bugged games on it.

Android is suported by SDL and shouldn’t be too much problems putting blender there, but it’s not so wierd to see lack of andorid support seeing how things have gone this last years with the BGE development.

Very sad :frowning: But how about PC (Windows, Linux, OSX) and Steam? With using controllers:) I don’t now about what BGE already can and what it can’t.

You can export your standalone game to Windows, Linux and OSX

Android support I believe is a bunch of smallish tasks, and a few huge ones.

1. OpenES - render compatibility mode shaders and materials
  2. Touch - screen touch sensor logic brick (multitouch)
  3. Accelerometer - tilt, shake etc sensor
  4. Library work (Audio etc)
  5. Vibration actuator

more possibly I don’t know about.