New remesh

New remesh blender

this is veryyyyyyyyyyyy cool

Gig, von giggity.

is it in 2.76?

Yesssssssss!!!

That would help a lot when fixing autocad models, how do you achieve it ?

Maybe i’m missing something there, but if i try the remesh modifier in 2.76 RC3 i observe the same exact result as if i use it in 2.75 and earlier, from what i see in 2.76 the remesh modifier look the same as it was, with all the problems with losanges loops if you use it on a model that isn’t made of simple straight cuts.

object (and remesh modifier) in 2.75 :
http://i.imgur.com/3wFfhsfs.jpg

same object (and remesh modifier) in 2.76 :
http://i.imgur.com/OpzGWqSs.jpg

The problem with remesh has always been the nonmanifold geometry* it generates in certain situations. If there’s new code in 2.76 to prevent that then it doesn’t seem to work. Are you sure it’s been merged into master though?

*edges with more than two faces attached

This could easily be a case where someone simply didn’t know a feature was already in Blender because he either did not read about it being there or he never did something where said feature could be useful.

I can’t blame him, it can take a while to discover all of the tools that are contained within Blender itself.

the best feature for remesher is to have a better control on intersected meshes, very helpful in 3dprinting task, (ex: posed human body with self intersection)

and having a another object based remeshing, so different objects, with different scales and rotationg have the same remesh size.

What I need is an advanced remesher on dyntopoed models. I don’t worry about remeshing cubes and simple hard surface objects.

I want a way to ensure a derived mesh deforms correctly, and has the silhouette faces, for baking a game asset.

I have used decimate and mark seams, but its too destructive,
I have also tried decimating by hand using edge slide etc,
but it would be very nice if you could make a high poly, paint weights,
and somehow the weight data and the normals/silhouette needed to be to
not loose much detail compared to a flat surface+normals