metal vases

vases were done in google sketchup imported into blender and rendered with cycles.

Hey!

Try to make your projects more interesting! Now you just modelled a few vases, gave them a colored, metallish material and put them next to each other in your scene. To be honest, there is nothing interesting in your scene, it doesn’t even have a certain lighting…

You should, to achieve better results, try to build up a story and you should try to tell this story with help of coloring and lighting. Therefor, you should try to get inspiration and you should, obviously for colouring, use a color wheel.

sincerely,
Julian

I had no idea I had to write a novel with my pix, cant you just enjoy the simplicity of the pix, the shape of the vases the way the colors play off of each other.and what, pray tell, is that ‘certain’ lighting you’re talking about. can I see some of your mind blowing posts so I can learn from the master???

I don’t think you have to write a novel. I think what Julian is saying is that usually people post completed projects in this section. If you’re looking to show off your models and materials then you should try something like blendswap.com . And quite honestly, your models need to be smoothed . I can see that the edges on the top of all the vases . So, no the shapes of the vases aren’t enjoyable because you didn’t even finish them properly.