How to relocate animation in scene?

So, there is an animation I’m working on, and I have a running animation from one file I want to use in another file, but in a different location of the current file. But, I haven’t been able to find any direct answers to help with this. Obviously the model I’m using is more complex, but I’m gonna use this simple cube as an example.

Let’s say I take that cube, and make an animation of it going in this direction.

And in another file, I want to make it go in THIS direction, but without having to redo the animation all over again, or making another animation just for that direction.

Is there any kind of process to do this? Or do I HAVE to redo the animation?

Create an Empty then add a ChildOf constraint on your cube with the Empty as the target. Click Select Inverse on the constraint properties afterwards .

Then you would just rotate the Empty on its Z axis on the first frame to the direction you want to change it to.

So, will that method work on an entire armature? That’s what I’m mainly asking about.

Yes, you would just need to add the constraint on the armature’s root bone instead.

It worked! Thank you very much!