Python Dev for Add-On - Equirectangular Camera Type in BI

Hi all,

The camera in Cycles has an Equirectangular camera type (it’s one of the choices from the drop-down when you selected a Panoramic lens). Blender Internal has a panoramic camera type but the options do not include an equirectangular projection. I’d like to be able to render frames (and animations) using an equirectangular projection in Blender Internal.

Is this functionality possible to add into Blender using an Add-On or with a custom build of Blender? Please let me know if this can be done or PM me a quote on what it might cost to implement.

Thanks,

• John

Hello world,

Are you a developer or not or newbie? I mean, please doesn’t misunderstand both, write a custom build of Blender it’s not an easy task… I think (I’m a web dev, no desktop dev)… But it’s an advice, you should try this operations to make a script (not addon, not custom build):

The Concept here it is to use a Camera as a Ray, so You will have a camera size setting 11… ie: your render settings is 30001500 (equirectangular… right?)
for (i = 1; i <= 3000; i++):
for (c = 1; c <= 1500; c++):
// here we are in vertical array, so column pixel and you will have to discover your degree stepper, easy 180 / 1500 = your degree to rotation from zenit to your feet…

I hope you to show a little pseudo code script… It’s not complete