Too-Transparent Alpha in Textures

Hi All, Newcomer to the forum so be patient if I transgress. (I’ll try and be good, I promise :)) I’m trying to make an overlay texture for a skyrim actor. I load the model into Blender, and load my texture. I can see the texture, but it’s way too transparent. I’m actually trying to make 10 graduated overlays representing the actor getting dirtier and dirtier as the mod progresses. The trouble is that if I darken the textures so they look right in blender, the darkest ones are almost solid black in-game. If I don’t darken them however the lighter textures are invisible which makes it very difficult to smudge over seams on the UV. I’m hoping there’s a control I’ve not found yet that adjusts the overall alpha of the texture. Either that or a trick to get around the problem. I’m still very new to blender and textures, so forgive me if it’s something simple. The other thing that could be relevant is that I’m making the textures as PNG files and converting to DDS once they look right. That’s worked well with non-transparent tattoo overlays, but it could be an issue there. I know that if use a solid black texture I get a solid black model. Anyway, I’m way, way out of my depth here, so any advice would be welcome :slight_smile:

Sorry about the wall of text. The forum seems determined to swallow an blank lines I add.

how are you making this texture transparent, if you could post some pictures of your material panel and you 3d view port it would be great.

That would have probably been a good idea :slight_smile: It’s a bit late tonight, I’ll see about that tomorrow evening. And thanks.