flamenco - windows

Hi I’ve been trying to set up flamenco render farm using windows.
We’ve got 4 machines working under windows 10 and I’m not shure if it is even possible.
So far I was able to run from powershell using pyhon 2.79 server worker and dashboard. But when I’m trying to render scene I’ve got something like this:
Creating BAM archive at C:\Users\Marcin\AppData\Local\Temp\jobfile_f61e37f6-6845
-11e5-b4d4-08606e81680e.zip
←[1;32m
scanning deps←[0m: b’C:\ mp\1.blend’…
←[1;32m
archiving←[0m: 1 files
←[0;34mcopying←[0m: b’C:\Users\Marcin\AppData\Local\Temp\blendfile_tem
p
\1.blend@’ -> <archive>
←[0;32mwritten←[0m: b’C:\Users\Marcin\AppData\Local\Temp\jobfile_f61e37f
6-6845-11e5-b4d4-08606e81680e.zip’
Created a 75.22 KB BAM archive
[Render+] INFO: Starting new HTTP connection (1): 127.0.0.1
Sending 75.22 KB file to server…
[Render+] INFO: Starting new HTTP connection (1): 127.0.0.1
Done
Removing BAM archive
Failed to removed BAM archive

Any idea?

I’ve made some simple script to run flamenco using python 2.7:
Remove-Item env:PATH
Remove-Item env:PYTONPATH
$env:path="$env:Path;C:\Python27;C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages;C:\Python27\Lib;C:\Python27\DLLs;C:\Python27\Lib\lib-tk;C:\Python27\Scripts"

Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

C:\fl\flamenco\dashboard\manage.py runserver
C:\fl\flamenco\server\manage.py runserver
C:\fl\flamenco\manager\manage.py runserver
C:\fl\flamenco\worker\manage.py runserver

All server are awake.
The other issue is that web server is not running, so while I’m trying to enter localhost:8888 I’ve got errors I’m not shhure if this is related to Bam error.

Hi, can’t you change the BAM archive directory? AppData/Local/Temp sometimes causes issues with some anti virus (you can’t delete a file in this directory while the file is scanned by you antivirus/antimalware program.) You can try to change directory and add this directory to the exception folders list that are not scanned by your antivirus… Unless it could cause some security gap.

I documented my experience getting Flamenco working here: https://ontheothersideofthefirewall.wordpress.com/2015/09/05/blender-flamenco-3-node-cluster-working/
One of the links in that post may be able to help you. In particular:

It looks like what you are trying to do is to run the four major components all on the same server (Worker, Manager, Server, Dashboard). Please correct me if you are doing something different.

From the output in this thread, I’m having trouble figuring out what’s wrong. But look at the output/errors of all 4 components. If you can post anything suspicious from the output that would help in figuring out what is happening.

–Shaun

you need to install bam for the rendering to work, you can get the python package here https://pypi.python.org/pypi/blender-bam

do you use linux for the server and manager? ive tried to get them running on windows but run into an issue which i posted in the thread from binary_pearl, so if you do it would be nice if you could check if you can tell me how to solve it.