How to make catoony explosion ?

So, I am after something like this, animated (sorry, don’t have larger image):

Is it possible to make something like this with particles and smoke and then render kinda flat’ish ? If so, can someone help me out please ? Thanks.

Bump! Please help.

P.S. If it’s a financial issue and not a knowledge issue, PM me please and perhaps we can come up with some mutually beneficial agreement.

I figured it can be sculpted, but I am not sure how to animate morphing between sculpts and how to setup material/render to make it look like anime.

It is nothing complex, just slow & tedious work.
To render in Sketchy & Cartoony style look at Freestyle (NPR - Non Photo Realistic) render tutorials.

2D animation - Frame by frame.
Example by Alex Redfish:

3D simulation/animation & shading/rendering via Freestyle.
Example:

I already watched those. The fire looks cool, but I am not after fire. I am after explosion with that particular structure I posted image for.

Also, we are on BA forum, so it’s gotta be 3D and rendered. I’d probably asked elsewhere if I wanted to do 2D effects :wink:

Yes… That’s why the lower video and the writing. Made with blender particles & rendered with Freestyle. :spin: Or do you want specifically made tutorials or already animated scene set for rendering… final product???