Logo Motion Graphic (Feedback/Critique welcome)

Motion graphic for my company’s logo:

Though I’ve been playing around in Blender for years, most of the work I’ve done has been for my own amusement and usually still images only. This is my first real attempt at an animation.

The logo itself is not my design, I’m attempting to match the general look and feel of this:

Obviously not trying to match it exactly, but it needs to be pretty close if there’s any chance of my bosses approving it.

I’ve learned a lot from making this, but I’m sure there are lots of things I could improve as I have no formal training in animation (I’m an artist/graphic designer).

Please let me know what you think, specifically any parts that could be done better. If there is enough interest, I will post more details about how I did it.

I do not think the angle to head-on camerawork is necessary, it would stand strong simply as a head-on. It looks great and is a very decent replica of the source.

I decided to move the camera like that to add interest. It seemed to me that if the camera were stationary, it would be kind of boring.

Is it too busy as it is now? Is there too much going on?

To me, the camera serves no purpose except to show the scene was created in 3d, which takes away from the “power” of the actual logo imagery. The 3d is already evident with the globe circling objects, which do not give a 2d impression, they look pretty cool.

Interesting, I hadn’t considered that. Not sure I want to redo it (spent too much time making the camera movement look smooth) but I do see what you’re saying.

Glad you think it looks cool! Figuring out how to animate those orbiting objects was tricky as I hadn’t attempted anything like it before, but I’m fairly happy with how it turned out.