Feedback please! On my latest project (sculpting)

hello there, I have started working on sculpting a creature. Its not my concept.

But I liked it and started sculpting.

This is my progress in it, I am using dynotopo. Feel free to post constructive feedback. As I am doing it to learn 3d sketching. Some other images

Some more images

Turntable low res video:

No comments? You can even say its worst of work, but I expected some kind of feedback. Is it because I am using someone else’s concept? Anyway I am not taking credit of it…

Hi sushib001,

it is a nice sculpture. Although it’s still far away from being as scary and frightening as the conceptional image; the claws and teeth will give it a more terrifying look.
Do you still add pupils to the orbits?
I suggest, to split the shell from the body to get a better distinction from the body and the armor. As it is now, the back protector looks more like a helmet.

DoubleTheP

I think it’s a great start. It may not be getting much feedback as it’s just a sculpt so far. Are you planning to retopo it? It’s a cool character.

Man its really awesome! It’s just hard to crit anything at this point. The only thing i can advise is to split it into many objects so you will have easier time sculpting and pieces connect more naturally :slight_smile:

DoubleTheP. Yes definitely, there is still a lot of work remaining on it. Its just few hours WIP I have posted. I am going to split the armour from the rest of the body As you have suggested. Yes the pupils are yet to be added. thanks man

Yes I am going to retopo. thanks

Yes, I am going to split it.:yes:

Update. Extracted separate parts to sculpt and started working separately.

spent some time on armour detailing.

hand armour progress.[ATTACH=CONFIG]403279[/ATTACH]

Hand armour so far. I call it done for now. Switching to body.

You are not getting much critique because it is actually work in progress thread.

There is not much I can say about the sculpt. The only thing I can criticize is how closely it follows the concept. And from the pictures it’s hard to say - the perspective is different. Can you show them side by side? Also you might deviate from the concept on purpose.

Well when you will have wireframe to show, the model will be lit with materials or some composition happening, then there will be more things to critique.

So far so good. The butt area looks weird - how the tail attaches and how far the butt-cheeks are. Also I think the shoulder armor and back armor should be layered multipiece - not one piece, but I suppose you are still working on it and will separate it eventually. Also I think the hands are too round or thick, looks like amputee stubs. I think the hands should follow a hand anatomy more closely, then they could be closer to the legs like in the concept.

So is it possible to move this thread from focused critiques to WIP section. Cause I think its useless posting in this section on this thread.

First of all i’m just going to state that so far its looking pretty amazing(thumbs up), now for some critique:
From what I can gather, the concept shows the Armour texture as really hard rough dry skin(maybe sandpaper in texture). Whereas yours seems smoother, more gentle in particular on the back Armour and top shoulders(but also the arms, which is rough, but not quite sandpaper rough).

I also think you should consider defining the arms a bit more, with really big budging muscles to convey a sense of ultimate power. But that’s up to you. And for final touches consider adding in battle scars(again up to you)

Moved from “Focused Critique” to “Works in Progress” at OP request

Will improve the sculpt as you have suggested. thanks

This is looking really good! A question, in the concept it looks like he has teeth pointing downwards that come from his bottom lip. I think its a cool concept to have the lips act as gums whereas teeth come from them. I just don’t know about teeth pointing downwards from the bottom lip. They wouldn’t be very useful. I know that’s not so much a critique on your work, but rather the concept. I just wonder what you plan on doing in that area?