Can't erase pencil lines?

Hey there,

After using the pencil in Blender, I cannot erase the lines, I click with the left mouse button and nothing changes.

I’m using an older version, on Windows Xp Home Edition, shouldn’t be a problem.:confused:

Windows XP is not officially supported with the current version of blender

I assume you are talking about grease pencil
Default shortcuts are D+LMB to draw and D+RMB to erase
Or press ‘Draw’ and use LMB, press ‘Erase’ and use LMB
Try both options

Go back to default setup (File / Load Factory Settings)
File / User Settings / Input, check your shortcuts by searching for pencil, try changing the erase to something else.

Ah okay, that is fine. Also the layers can be deleted from the right panel.

I also don’t know about the circle object, I can’t find the vertex count. The standard circle has four pieces, with three vertices on each side that constructs it.

I also don’t know about the circle object, I can’t find the vertex count. The standard circle has four pieces, with three vertices on each side that constructs it.
What circle ?

Add / Mesh / Circle ? For number of vertices creating the circle look in the toolshelf (T) or press F6

Just a note : while it’s not officially supported anymore, even the latest version of Blender (and the coming 2.76 too) works really very well on XP (at least the win32 version).
Can’t guarantee future version will of course, but you can get the latest Blender and have fun working with it on XP.

I used the wrong circle, I added one from the other menu. ‘Curve’

The system I am using is a Dell Dimension 4600 2.26GHZ, 32bit XP home edition with 1.5GB of RAM. Quite slow and laggy for flash sites, such as the Youtube site for tutorials.

I had thought about purchasing the Blender for Dummies book. My interest in 3D is small, and I’m a beginner. I had previously done the ocean render nearly ten years ago via Cog’s ocean tutorial, I really had to keep at it the summer I did it, it was madness! Everything had looked different then the tutorial image examples. I never did complete the tutorial so I sort of cheated and downloaded a background image to have a sky effect. I lost the file back in 2009, I failed to backup the only copy, but I do have the video on disk. It appears years after that guy retired, he’s packed up his 3D agenda.:frowning:

The version I am using is 2.63, and has been on the hard drive since 29 September 2014. I had used it just to create a bare bones satellite for Orbiter Simulator. The textures never did display on it.

Thank you for the responses.

I used the wrong circle, I added one from the other menu. ‘Curve’
Look in curve settings for curve resolution settings

The version I am using is 2.63,
Why ?

It’s fine isn’t it? That was what I had downloaded from the Blender site at the time.

I imagine that book via the Blender Foundation should be okay to use for reference and some tutorial ideas.

You should give a try to the latest version of Blender for a few reasons :

• it still works on XP and i have the same performance on it that i had on 2.63 and older
  • the devs continuously fix bugs, but they’re never back-porting bugfixes to old version, the fixed bugs are only available in further version, meaning that many of the bugs and problems you will encounter in 2.63 (2.63 knife was working very badly by example) are fixed in 2.76
  • many new -useful- tools have been introduced in Blender since 2.63 and many existing ones got some major improvement in functionality (you can check the changelog list to see what’s new in specific versions)
  • you can have several versions of Blender co-existing on your hard drive, so in the case there’s an addon that only works in your 2.63 , you can keep using 2.63 and use latest version for everything else, never had a problem doing it that way.
  • the Orbiter import/export .msh addon (at least the importer , never tried the exporter) is still working even in 2.76
  • using the latest (or at least a recent) version of Blender will make it very easier for you to recieve help when needed as the majority of people (and so people that can help) are using it.

I had only give that a try last year, about a year back to this month.

Only last month I thought I’d try and create a model based off a figure. The eye section was what I was trying to solve, I had forgotten to mirror the circle. So now I just want to be able to mirror it over opposite of that other, so it fits as if it was mirrored or model out to that area.