Facebook Outage

I’m so happy Facebook is down again. It’s a disease to humanity.

Discuss…:evilgrin:

You’re too late, it’s back

Curse you facebook!

It’ll probably crash again because every facebook addict will try to load it at once and their servers aren’t cached anymore.

MUAAHAHAHAHA

No one is forcing you to log onto Facebook, I am also not aware of any federal law that mandates it.

Besides that, with more than 500 million users that site is not going to go anywhere anytime soon (despite your ‘fight the power’ stance).

Homelessness… how can 1,000,000,000 people be wrong?

people would say that to anything that’s popular

Tell me, would you be saying the same thing if say…
Facebook wasn’t popular?

There are some economic issues with Facebooks business model.

Some of the reasons that people dislike Facebook are the cultural issues that have been foreseen and are being observed. In Naisbitts “Megatrends” he predicted a shift from a “high touch” to a “high tech” society where human interaction would become more mediated with technology. As you can see the friendship that started with a handshake is now a pseudo-friendship that began with a challenge handshake. <-- See what I did there? There’s also an issue where people are getting caught up in the attention of strangers. There is also a rise in narcissism and apathy associated with the bystander effect.

Why isn’t this common knowledge? Anyone want to gue$$?

What do you mean by “…a challenge handshake”?

Agree that Facebook is a 1st a business device pretending to be a social mediator, but then haven’t Public bars have been this for ages?

First off, you work for Zuckerberg or what? Second, your argument is like saying “No one is forcing you to use crack and there’s no law forcing you to use crack so stop saying it’s bad.”

This is the problem with Facebook. I have younger siblings, cousins, nephews, etc. and I’m observing how socially retarded they are becoming. They CAN’T live without their stupid phones. They don’t know how to interact. They are maturing at a far slower rate. And sure, before facebook there was AIM and texting, even myspace. But those were just little trends, little fevers that would come and go. Facebook is a data powerhouse that encourages addiction. Just look up studies on the side effects that Facebook causes both socially and individually.

Do you ever feel like crap and feel better because you chatted with your friend on facebook? Most of the times I don’t feel better. But if I feel like crap and then go out and hang out with friends at a bar, I feel recharged and socially bonded. That’s the difference.

I would say that feeling bad if you don’t go to a bar with your friends could be a sign of alcoholism, which at least in my book (no pun intended) is worse than being on facebook.

I was being allegorical. Alcoholism is besides the point. I only used the bar as an example to rebuttal 3pointEdit. You could be drinking heavily on facebook as much as at a bar. What I’m saying is that it’s far healthier to socialize in person. That’s why we have so many loner psychos going on shooting sprees. They just needed some friends, is all.

It might also be said that people who frequent various forums should stop and go outside to meet real friends instead.

You mean Zuckerberg actually has 500 million employees, I didn’t know that?

Challenge handshake was part of the process of connecting to the internet in the dial up days.

I didn’t even know it went down. In the end all websites have the same goal and websites like those are inevitable to happen.

My customer support page is on Facebook. I’m glad it’s up again.

Glad it’s back again