Suspension Bridge Scene

Hey all!
For the past month I’ve been working on this scene to show off my suspension bridge model. It’s almost finished, but before I render the final image, I wanted to get your guy’s opinions on it.

This was rendered at about 3840x2160 with 250 samples. Final render should hopefully be 10500x5906 with 2000 samples.

Thanks.
-Cocoreysa-

Hi Cocoreysa

I like the scene, but there is a lot of work needed on the textures.

1. The tiling of the ocean is very obvious as is the tiling on the mountain.
  2. The bridge itself needs some variation with regards to colour as it is all one colour at the moment.
  3. Some dirt and rust needs to be added to the metals.
  4. Colour variation in the trees would also go a long way.
  5. There needs to be some sort of variation to the change in water level where it meets the cliff and maybe a bit of foam.
  6. The ocean is a bit to matt and needs some gloss.

I think the bigger you make this image the more obvious these problems will become.

Really liking the sky and look forward to seeing this finished.

Shaun

Thanks for the feedback!

1. I didn’t realise the cliff’s tiled texture was visible, and still trying to fix the visible tile on the ocean.
    2/3. I’ll add a bit of rust and dirt to the textures, but not too much as I’d like to think they maintain the bridge.
  2. I’ll get right on that one!
  3. I’ve already added some foam to the edge, just not in that specific render. going to try and make the water level uneven there, and add splashes on the rocks.
  4. At the moment the water is just a flat plane with an ocean normal map (And another normal map for larger detail) which is why it has a visible loop. But all the shaders on the material are glossy, I’ll see if lowering the roughness makes it look less matt.

Thanks
Cocoreysa

Edit:

So I Lowered the roughness on the gloss, seems to have worked I think? It also fixed the looping texture.

I’ve been working on it a bit more, I feel like it’s getting real close to completion. Let me know what you guys think of it!

Thanks a lot!
Cocoreysa

Hi Cocoreysa

You have some really nice stuff going on here, for instance the clouds and the ship in the distance is really looking realistic. Maybe some God rays shining through?

Your ocean is also looking much better.

The only thing for me is that the pic seems oversaturated with a lot of blue coming through on everything as well as the lighting on the bridge not being enough.

This is all subjective and this may be the look that you are going for?

Did a bit of balancing in PS. See what you think.

Shaun

Hey Shaun,
When you say that the lighting on the bridge is not enough, do you mean the right side of the bridge being too bright?