It spins like this

Hello,
I watched a tutorial found on Youtube (from Jason Rayner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-zUyimSrVo).Although I understand the whole purpose of it I can’t reproduce one of his expert move.It’s a mark for the animation, a visual reminder to know what’s rotating in which axis. There are circles around a ball. He edits one circle, select one of its vertice.There must happen something at this moment.He may do a shortcut in the background.Anyway when he tabs out of edit mode there is an X (x axis) on this very vertice.Later on he duplicate this circle and the X turns automacally to Y.
It’s not the Object, Display, Axis mode which displays the 3 axis and alway from the Origin.Not a single axis on a chosen vertice.
It’s under Blender 2.5 but this kind of hint is, I think, available in every version.
What’s this trick plz ?

He most likely just edited out the part where he changed the letter from X to Y, just as he edited out the part when he created the original X at 4:43

A few frames apart in the video

So you think he did it himself and it’s not a feature of the UI ?
I didn’t think this way but it’s obvious.Shame on me.:smiley:
I will make this tuto finally.
Thanks a lot !

I thought it was a feature of the UI.
Wonderful !
Thank you very much
How did you manage to figure it out ??

So you think he did it himself and it’s not a feature of the UI ?
As far as I can see it is just a mesh object, you have to make it the shape you want it to be, it has no intelligence and there is no option to turn an object from one arbitrary thing to another different arbitrary thing with a touch of a button. It’s called editing.

Great models for an awesome serial.Had one of your models been really used in a Dr Who issue ?
Are you working for a tv channel ?