Trying to make 3D graphic / bezier curves

im trying to make a 3D graphic from a logo and i traced around it all really carefully using bezier curves but now i can’t seem to have any of it fill in like how it looks in the graphic.
i have a lot of curves, i tried to close them but it’s all just arrows and handles in the way.
i watched every youtube video i could find that does this same thing, but still i only end up with this outline.

What am I doing wrong??

This is the logo

im trying to make a 3D graphic from a logo and i traced around it all really carefully using bezier curves
You can do the same thing automatically in something like Inkscape, convert a raster image to a vector image which you can then import as a .svg into blender and it will import as curves (see attached blend file using the image from your post)

To have a curve filled in with a face you need to set it to be a 2D curve. By default when you add a curve it is a 3D curve. Just change it in the curve properties

To close curves use the ‘Toggle Cyclic’ option in the curve tools panel

Attachments

logo.blend (149 KB)

Sometimes its easier to use mesh objects, fex. circle and detail meshes, then finally select them all and last selected object is the circle. Then Knife Project command puts them all together and you will delete necessary faces. You can also use mixed object types, meshes and curves for Knife Project source.

So the Toggle Cycles worked but I have these overlapping tags that just go straight out from the logo.
Fix one problem and get another.

Thanks so much for the help. It’s a good thing I am just experimenting and not under some kind of deadline to learn.

I have these overlapping tags that just go straight out from the logo.
What does this mean ?