What's a good complex project I could try?

I want a project that will teach me a lot about 3d art in general, and hopefully make me a better artist, I’m ok, and I want to be better than ok, my problem is, I get started on things and get bored easily. How can I make my next project interesting?

do a competition. it could be a deadline thing that’s needed.

or steal somebodies style.

Animate typography.

what ever it takes.

Do Electronic Arts,Ubisoft and Epic Games have copyrights being reserved for Rayman 2 HD,Harry Potter 1,2 PC and Jazz Jackrabbit HD 2D(two games) and one in 3D?Will they sue me to court even if I achieve long way success?

Get over it (the boredom). Seriously. There are two schools of thought when it comes to boredom

• If it bores you then you’re probably not interested in it enough. Move on to something else.
  • Every field has some dull tedium in it. If you actually want to get better, suck it up and push through.

For the most part, I’m in the second camp. I don’t believe in boredom. Even tedious things have something about them that you can convince yourself is interesting or relaxing or amusing.

TL;DR: How do you make your project interesting? Mindset. You decide if it’s interesting. If you find yourself believing that you’re bored, remind yourself that the project was interesting when you started… and nothing about that has changed.

Bravo! Very well said. I think younger generations want learning to be fun and cool but that is very crippling. The classic way of learning and mastery was through doing arduous and boring crap. It’s more about the discipline of learning than what you’re creating.

Manok, don’t fall into the trap of relying on others for motivation. You will always fail that way. Start off with small projects that you know you can finish, even if they are boring, but FINISH. And continue building on top of that. When you master it, you’ll be able to create whatever fun idea that comes to mind.

Thanks for the replies! I actually am like this with most things. Maybe its part of a bigger problem with me :). Anyway, I’ve decided to try single objects. First up: Baseball cap, that should be interesting enough but not as hard as a human face.