[Paid] Lead 3D Artist - Full-time/Part-time

Open Realms, is an independent game studio who’s seeking a passionate individual to fill our lead 3D artist role. Our upcoming project will require a keen eye and enthusiasm for a futuristic fantasy setting dealing with mecha and advanced combat. This role would be responsible for leading our artistic direction, most 3D asset creation, as well as asset integration into our engine.

This is a paid position and we are considering both full time as well as part time applicants who are either remote or work on site if already in/near Columbus, Ohio, USA.

The largest body of work will be 3D asset creation, however we seek someone who is multidisciplinary as we are a small team.

Required Skills:
• 3D modeling and texturing
• Rigging and simple animation
• Advanced particle effects
• Familiarity with shader usage

Desired Skills: (Not Required)
• Conceptual art
• Shader programming
• Familiarity with Unity Engine
• User Interface design

Job Responsibilities/Duties:
• Lead the project’s artistic design.
• Design and create visual assets in any of the following areas: 3D modeling, texture mapping, rigging, lighting/shading, animations, particle effects
• Help integrate assets into the engine.
• Work full-time/part-time, remote or on site
• If remote, keep in constant and regular contact with the team.
• As a member of a small team you will be expected to learn new subjects as necessary.

Expected Material to Produce:
• Characters (Mecha and vehicles)
• Environments (Organic and industrial)
• Effects (Explosions, lasers, fire, etc.)
• Misc (Science fiction/fantasy elements)

If you believe you have the desire and skill for this position, we encourage you to contact us. You can e-mail us at [email protected]. Please include your resume, a link to your portfolio, and a more casual description to help us get an understanding about you as an individual.

Is remote work acceptable?

Yes, we are considering people to can only work remotely. I’ve updated our post to be a little clearer about that as well as some other points.

Interested at Youngstown Ohio :slight_smile: PM will be sent later :slight_smile:

Hey, good to see you guys again! We met at OGDE and I enjoyed playing Forge Quest a lot! email sent. :slight_smile:

This sounds interesting, I specialize in hard surface stuff like mecha, weapons, industrial etc so I’ll probably send off an application, although I do lack in the texturing department when it comes to organic things - I can texture rock, metals, paint etc but skin, eyes and the likes are outside my area of expertise.

However I didn’t see any requirement for humans, just mecha and vehicles under the character section - incidentally my shortcomings should as such be of no particular detriment to my eligibility.

Email sent.