How to import jpgs from outside of Blender

Hi, I’m new to this forum, and Blender too. I’m excited about starting Blender, but I seem to be having some trouble with something already. I’m really hoping someone here can solve this problem for me so I can get back to work. I am learning Blender by using Tony Mulan’s Blender book and I have gotten to the part where I need to add some jpg files in the tutorials. However, I don’t know enough about Blender yet to know how to import these files into Blender so I can use them in Blender. I should probably add that I am trying to import these and make them a background image on my 3D viewport. I am sure this is very simple but I have not figured this out yet. I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me on this so I can get back to learning Blender.

Thanks very much for your help, can’t wait for your answer.

Sailor Saturn

If you want to use the background image options. https://www.blender.org/manual/editors/3dview/background_images.html
Ensure the properties panle is open (shortcut N) and in the Background Image section enable the tickbox and press the Add Image button. The press the Open Image button. Browser to your image, select it and then press the Open Image button in the top right corner of the window.

To open and image change the screen to an image Editor window (bottom left corner) and press the Open button.

Thank you very much for your response, it turns out I had not extracted the images into the Blender files. But I have since figured it out and I thank you for your assistance.

Thanks again,

Sailor Saturn