looking for Facial Rigger

Hi everyone,
I’m still looking for anyone to help with this rig, I had one saying that they would but it’s been over two weeks so i’e decided to start a new thread in the hope that i may be able to find a new rigger.

I’ve managed to rig the alien’s body but haven’t been able to successfully create a Ik bone setup or a facial rig for the alien. I’m really hoping that someone will help me with this and not just waste my time.

Here is the link for the model:

Thanks in advance
Owain Pritchard

I can do it for you, maybe. I downloaded your alien and the there are a few things I noticed. there is no mouth cavity. If you want his mouth to move it will show the hole. How about eyes? do you want them to move?
All this can be fixed, I just need to know how far you want to take it.
see some of my work on blend swap… http://www.blendswap.com/user/glassdog
check out the blue alien for rigging.

Yeah please, i would like a cavity in the mouth please and also if possible i’d like the alien to be able to blink and possibly move them around would that be possible?

Nice portfolio btw

Thanks again for the quick respones

anything is possible. It’s just how much work are you willing to put into it.
One other thing. It would be easier if it was retopologized. I will attempt that too.
Let me work on it for a while and I will get back to you later today
Mike

Brilliant, No problem at all
thanks Mike

Owain, I got a chance to work on your alien. Bad news, it needs to be scrapped and done over. For one, the mesh has too many polys, and is not symmetrical, making it way to difficult to retopologize. Without retopoing it I cant add the shape keys needed for the facial rigging. my computer just wont handle that many polys.
I suggest you redo the mesh in blender(obviously it was not done in another program), making it symmetrical and as low poly as you can. Then it can be rigged the way you want it to be.
PM me when you get that done and I will be glad to help you.
Mike

No problem i have a high poly and a low poly model i hope this one will be easier to use but unfortunately i haven’t rigged this one at all. I hope this won’t be too much of a problem?

Here is the low poly model:
Krai.blend (986 KB)

Thanks
Owain

Owian,
Here is what I came up with. To move the eyes, hightlight them, type rr to rotate. to move the eyelids, highlight them type rx to rotate on x axis.
If you don’t know how to use shape keys, pm me and I will help you.
Hope this has helped.
Mike
(glassdog)

Attachments

Krai16.blend (1.28 MB)

Thanks a lot Mike works great

Thanks again for your help
Owain