Nameless game project

Hi! :slight_smile:

First of all I want to say that I’m new at the Forum and this is my first game so do not expect a masterpiece for now =P but it does not mean that I’m not serious about this game ;). Also everything that I will show in this post it’s a very but very early prototype of the game, some 3D models need to be improved a lot and I need to polish the animations; stage design is in process and the music tracks are just prototypes too.

The people actually working on this project are my cousin who helps me with the songwriting process for the game and me.

Game Concept

The idea came to me after reading Summa Daemoniaca by Father Jose Antonio Fortea, so I decided at first to start an animated youtube series presenting the ideas of heaven and hell that Father Fortea explained on his book so I designed a principal Character for the series:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]401258[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]401259[/ATTACH]

While modeling Allisa I started playing with BGE and I fell in love with it and decided to change the course of the project and start a game instead , but my computer it’s kind of crappy and Allisa was a high poly model so I redisign Allisa to a more cute and low poly Character. I can’t put more than 3 pics per post so you can look all the concept art here =P https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vj3dnvejt3vriej/AACT1TAi1knp911vhNpX2W9ja?dl=0

I’m trying to present a concept (of the book) through a story so I decided to make a RPG but I know that this genre is quiet hard to do and I’m aware of my (not impressive xP) blender skills so the game is a mix of a RPG and a Plataform.

Plot

Basically It is the story of Allisa and her adventure into the “Virtual Hell” (my idea of the deepweb mixed with Father Fortea’s explanation of a demon and hell) until she face the devil. You can only enter to this virtual hell using a mobile app that the devil is spreading in the world and while you are into this virtual dimension your apperance change trying to represent the evil part within every person that has the potencial to deform a person into a demon. I won’t spoil a lot here but that’s the very basic idea.

Gameplay

Did you read everything above? =O well here is a gameplay video of my work ^_^. Sorry for the crappy quality of the video and frame skip it was the best software that I could find that record gameplay and the audio of the game =/

use headphones please =P

[video]https://youtu.be/burjeflCNBg[/video]

In What I’m working now?

My main goal right now it’s to finish a playable prototype of the game. I’m actually working in events related to the story and modeling the rest of characters and NPC’s then I’m going to start designing the platform levels, power ups and cool thing inside the levels =P and then I’ll work in some features that I have planned. After that I’ll polish a lot of things like animations, town (I really need to add it a skybox or something), fix textures,Alli’s hair (it’s just a sphere xP) etc. Songwriting happens when my cousin has the time to help me so that might be the last thing that will be finished. I’ll post updates as soon I finish important parts of the game.

Finally I really want to thanks ARSENAL RSL youtube channel because his tutorials gave me the start point for a lot of thing in my work.

Any feedback is appreciated a lot and feel free to ask anything about the game ^_^.

Attachments

Welcome to Blenderartists community and BGE forums!!.. interesting project,character looks pretty good … continue on!

Have been working in events that happen only once and NPC behavior when you talk to them. Also I finish the first NPC: Mrs. Alli (Temp. name)

Also here’s a quick video showing that events happen only once and how the NPC face the character when near, ready to talk.

[video]https://youtu.be/m2nHDa5Pc3M[/video]

Well first I have a prototype for a bad guy NPC

Second I have work further with NPC behavior and made this improvements:

-NPC has different dialogues depending on answers you choose.
-Depending on answer the NPC gives you an item (one time event) and then next time you talk to him, he said something different.

Take a look in this video: [video]https://youtu.be/6Uh_pVmeCAY[/video]

What’s next?

-Work in the smartphone interface

• Start designing and testing the platform levels (finally the fun part ^_^)