Vincent's Sketchbook; the art of being cool

Most recent:

Hi all! recently I discovered this forum and I felt like I should make a thread with my weird ideas. A lot of them, I plan to model for BGE when time allows. (it never will) I do most of my stuff in pencil, then redraw it with India Inks to give contrast. I try pretty hard to never erase, if I make a mistake, I try to incorporate it.

disclaimer!: almost none of my work is the level of the rest of these other sketchbooks, but hey, I’ve got 4000 random drawings lying around, might as well flash them around a bit)

For my graphics tablet i use a Huion H610 Pro on Ubuntu14.04. I have no drivers or anything installed for it because they were for macs and windows.

re-horus, god of the sun.

heres some much older ones. mostly lizards

Certainly some interesting ideas you have here, keep it up! It’s fun to look at these.

Nice work :slight_smile: I like looking at sketches like this. You should try modelling one sometime :smiley:

thanks for the encouragement guys! glad you like looking at these!

Today, while I was installing some drywall, I found this really cool spider. it was in my hair.

obviously the experience influenced my doodles, and the spider looked nothing like that at all, but, with my ninja skills I got an extremely blurry picture of it before I let it go. for some reason I can’t upload it, :confused: I will try again later. hairy and orange, extremely cool!

Could be the file is too big. You might need to try scaling it down in GIMP.

Really interesting stuff Scalia, you have a vivid imagination and your sketching is nicely done. Looking forward to more :).

@@Artloader thankyou!

here’s a few minute sketch of a belt

i draw my best when really tired…

i’ll bet this is the guy who’s belt escaped. that’s why his pants are so baggy.

Yes, there is a story behind this if you were wondering

This appears to be a bionic opossum…

And I have no idea what this is, you tell me

Nice stuff!

@@NID_Graphics thanks. I’m glad everyone enjoys looking at this junk whether or not it’s really that great :stuck_out_tongue:

here’s the outlet on my wall…

and if i were to make something to the Guru contest, it would look something like this:

finnally got a working wacom guys! we’ll see what i can do now/… does this mean i have to learn krita? :confused:

yes!!!

I was going to draw a children book but when the first page looked like this, I decided it wouldn’t be healthy.

and I did this while listening to someone profoundly describe a movie to me that I’d already seen. :slight_smile:

i found some of. my old note books. nothing in them was very good, but this picture needed explanation.

and here are some studies I made… just so I don’t get too far from reality

*Disclaimer, i didn’t have refs.