Midas - Short Blender Animation

Hi!

I just found out there’s a seperate topic for animations, and I didn’t find out how to move threads, so apologies for the repost! Anyway, here’s my attempt on making an animation with Blender alone. :slight_smile:
Enjoy!

It was interesting at best. It has an idea that was never executed before in 3d space and it was a entertaining spin on the legend of King Midas. However, the animation on the male character and the animals were stiff. Some of the principals of animation were there, but you were lacking the Arc Principle when he was throwing things. There are some tutorials on Youtube to access to improve on the animations.

Overall, not bad.

it was a nice animation, however you need to improve the character animation, even for a lengthy project such as this, poses could have been better.

Also i think it should of had a warmer look, in my opinion.

Thanks for your opinions! I know, I’m kinda new to Blender. I Hope you liked it anyway.

There some really good ideas in the short I think if you improve in modeling, shading, lighting and animation you should definitely try and do an improved version of this.

Some of the story telling bits could be improved as well, I thought that the guy should have ignored the dog more initially and the dog should have tried a little to get his attention.

Dogs that know how to fetch often have this thing where they will bring a ball to your feet bark a few times to get your attention and if you ignore them the push the ball closer to your feet and get a little more exited and move about to get your attention.

He has a point.

I do agree with the other comments, about making things better an stuff. But honestly… It already is good as it is.
I had a great time watching it, and that airplane part! LOL all the way!

Thank you for your honest opinions. I think I’ll leave this as how it is, because I’m kind of sick of working on this now, haha. :smiley: I’m glad it made you laugh though. Maybe next time I’ll be better. Also don’t forget I worked on it fully alone. Modeling, textures, ideas and so on.