3rd Person Shootout Arena WIP

So in my spare time I like to create little shooter games. Here a vid of my first 3rd person shooter. I’m kinda liking the solid silhouette style. Would be great for a 2v2 or 4v4 game. Let me know your thoughts!

Woa it looks stunning! Keep it up!

Thanks! Any ideas where it could go? I can only see VS matches

I would suggest that also. Is it able for you to make a peer-2-peer network connection?

Capture the flag! and also team battles against some amazing boss. nice work, nice look. the blue a bit bright?

Utilize color as a mechanic!

Maybe color value doubles as health. You take damage from weapons of the same color. Shoot red guys with the red gun, etc. When you turn black, you die. White things are invincible.

Shoot a purple guy with both red and blue guns. Once he runs out of one color, you need to finish him off with the other.

The more gray a guy becomes (has mixtures of all three colors), the harder it becomes to distinguish which color he’s currently weakest against

ALL GREAT SUGGESTIONS! Capture the flag would be fun! I have no idea how to get it online thou :confused: Just waiting for a simple way to do it. Can’t find anybody to help either :confused: I see it as a stand alone. Start a match 1v1 , 2v2 , 4v4 or capture the flag, then connect with players. Long road ahead :confused: Share the vid if you think someone will be able to help!

Nines,

I think the color thing works. The more you get shot the darker you get. OR how about if a red guy shoots a blue guy to death - instead of dying he is then turned to the red team. The game would be to see which team captures the other first!

tremulous was the most fun I have had legally.

Hey nice game looks quite fun to play,

For online or mutiplayer if you are truly willing to try to create a mutiplayer game try to post this project on team projects and search for someone who’s capable of creating online mutiplayer function since i saw already few people creating online multiplayer small projects using the bge .

by the way I love the way it looks good luck with the project .

Agoose has a addon that should make multiplayer easier,

he is a amazing python coder, but needs to ‘dumb down’ the user interface,

I was thinking just use properties to mark what was synched and respawn points etc,

how about a zombie shooter?

AH, come on, not again!

no wait!. you have a group of civilians to cover. make them green. the zets are red and you have to kill them before they get to the civs. and the civs have to reach a save house. you can create differnt maps with obstacles to get rid of. you may use an ordersystem to make your civs clean the obstacles while you cover them. dont know, if it works

I like that idea of ‘Capture the Team’. That could lend to some interesting inter-player reactions.

A really good player that gets converted to the other team will become a prime target for the team that lost them; they want to get their rockstar back!
Players who don’t particularly like the team they’re on might jenkins-run into the enemy base so they can be converted. Maybe that other team doesn’t want a player like that on their team, so they have to try to avoid killing him, while still eliminating him as a threat.

It could be abused really easily of course. Griefers switching sides so they can grief a certain player. Groups of people mass-suiciding to throw off team balance, stuff like that. But you would have to make some edge case rules to curb these things. Some mechanic would have to work to keep all the players from being on the same team; maybe the lowest-, or highest-scoring members on one team will auto-switch once the teams get too un-balanced, or maybe have some benefit for teams with overwhelming odds (everybody on the team gets Quad Damage if they’re 4:1 against the other team), so un-balanced team counts could be a strategic element that’s deeper than “have more guys than the other guys”.

I’m surprised something like this hasn’t shown up as a Team Fortress mod or something (unless it already has!). Of course, there could be a good reason that it hasn’t been done yet. It could just be one of those Communism ideas that only sounds good on paper :slight_smile:

But Blender is probably not the best choice of engine if you want multi-player (the OP says nothing of whether this is supposed to be MP or not). The Cube/Cube2 engine is really nice, and is built more for that sort of thing.

Capture the team seems the way to go. It would be almost like a tug of war till the end. THE only way to win is to capture the entire team, or wait till the time runs out then who ever has the most players on their team wins. Ex: blue player dies, he then becomes a player on the red team, full health and ammo. (the remaining players on the blue team get a boost in health for every player they lose) The new Red team member objective is to now kill the blue team. It would be difficult to ban cheaters. I haven’t thought that far yet

I’ve been working on the Menu and health, take a look, need reload animation and times

It looks really great! Very professional.
When placing the bullet splashes though you should give them a slight offset from the wall, otherwise you get a lot of z-fighting on distant splashes. Just moving the mesh verts up a little in edit mode is usually enough to do it. You don’t need to change the code at all.

New map

I like the designs of your game elements. I guess you got inspired by the game Super Hot right? ^^

RockyMadio, actually not at all. I’ve been messing with this style for a while now. Id say its a combination between halo and mirrors edge. simple, geometric, functional. I also like using only baked textures -white, and solid shadeless materials for players and weapons. This allows the players to quickly notice whats important (other players and items). As an added bonus, my runtime for this game is only 30mbs so far!

I agree ^^ I notice that you kinda have lots of experience in interacting with this game engine. Are you designing games for living o.o?

No I currently work from home doing freelance rendering for events interiors and exhibitions. BGE allows me to do something fun. it would be nice to create a complete game and make a living off of it.