Insignificance of War (Short Project)

[Abandoned Project]

(Update)
Frankly, I haven’t worked on this Project for about 2 Months now, Still interested in making it, just need an easier starter project for now.

I’ve Decided to do this as a second project, a Intro to Learning RPG mechanics if you will. I want to make a more free roam game first, with less rules than an RPG game allows for, as a means to test BGE mechanics, and Learn Python a bit better before tackling an RPG. I’ve gotten quite a few Models completed on this project, but got stuck on 2 aspects, Detail and Animation; The Project I’m going to make before this one will be Basic Detailing and limited Animations.

The Title for this Upcoming project will remain a secret for now, and will be revealed shortly after the half way point. All I can say for sure on this project Is I will be asking the community for script help A LOT, and that I hope to have a post detailing it before the New Year.
[End Update]

I’ve decided to attempt to put my current knowledge of Blender (moderate) and build a game in a week or two. The game concept I’m looking at here is a short-story war game where you are just one of the soldiers in a war, and play no real significant part. (However if you die, it’s still game over, no matter the outcome of the surviving troops.)

The player will be able to choose between the classes of Knight, Rogue, and Wizard, and join into an attacking army. The attacking army’s goal is to attack a castle and kill it’s king. However the odds are knowingly stacked against you at 3:1, and the enemy is known to have powerful magical beasts within it’s castle grounds; Including giants and gargoyles.

Download Info
I am hoping to upload the full game to steam when finished refining. The Refining process should be complete around the 30-Day mark. Price will probably be $5.

A Demo, involving the first battle outside the castle gates, will be available to download off of Steam (If not: Mediafire) around week 2 of the build. (The Demo will include the first boss fight.)

Download Links:
Not available. Yet.

Current Progress:
Over 50% models complete, Castle model complete, Planning stage complete.

Currently On: Animations
List:
Texture updating. (With Post update)
Scripting -> Demo Release

Edit:
This project’s Demo will probably not come out upon my posted time limit of 2 weeks, because complications (And Work). I am currently working to finish the Demo, but there is no scheduled Demo Date as of now. (I am still hoping for within a month.)

Male Classes top, Female Classes bottom

Unfinished Castle

Stone Giant (Lancer)

Extra Information:

Although your character is not intended on being stronger then his allies, he is able to level up; so do they. Upon Leveling you can increase 2 of 3 attributes increasing your damage, mana regeneration, dodge chance, etc.

Classes get Unique equipment loads, Knight being the hardest to play with no ranged, but highest defense, Rouge being a good boss destroyer, and Wizard being the easiest playable with many different spells with many different uses. There are no item drops in this game.

There will be save points, but only at the end of each of the 7 Stages, each stage refreshes potion count for Knight and Rouge. Hardcore is an option, albeit one that I don’t think would be possible given the nature of the game’s mechanics; no refresh on potions.

It looks awesome, I look forward to trying it out when you finish.

Updated initial post with additional Information.

Unfortunately I don’t have any money (I’m a teen), but if i had five dollars I would consider downloading this game- It sounds fun.

$5 only if:

1. It looks good.
  2. It plays well.
  3. I can finish the story behind it.
    All of which should be possible in a month.

If you can’t afford it, put it on your wishlist, sometimes friends will look at it when the holidays come 'round.

(Update)
Frankly, I haven’t worked on this Project for about 2 Months now, Still interested in making it, just need an easier starter project for now.

I’ve Decided to do this as a second project, a Intro to Learning RPG mechanics if you will. I want to make a more free roam game first, with less rules than an RPG game allows for, as a means to test BGE mechanics, and Learn Python a bit better before tackling an RPG. I’ve gotten quite a few Models completed on this project, but got stuck on 2 aspects, Detail and Animation; The Project I’m going to make before this one will be Basic Detailing and limited Animations.

The Title for this Upcoming project will remain a secret for now, and will be revealed shortly after the half way point. All I can say for sure on this project Is I will be asking the community for script help A LOT, and that I hope to have a post detailing and informing about it before the New Year.
[End Update]