Surreal War Machines

War machines with a mix of reality and fiction.

3D modelling log for high-quality sci-fi 3D models.

This is where I will post the models I’m currently working on.

My top model renders to showcase:

Sprinter Tank

I will upload all renders in 4k on my Facebook page at:

https://m.facebook.com/zimr3d/

Enemy fighters:

RF 1000 “Talon” of the USAF, reversed engineered by North Koreans. I call it “cheap knock-off”

The scale of the texture is wrong, the scratch marks should be much much smaller and placed not randomly.

the back pointy rear wings are strange, maybe you think of some stealth wing design but then still its strange.
Maybe make an inlet (ea scramjet) at the bottom (or top), bottom might be nicer.

Useful feedback guys. So I fixed the tail wings or what ever they are called. I also made the exhaust pipes more realistic. This is a scifi rocket plane.

The landing gears:

Those circular things are some kind of fan to help the plane in VTOL.

The Hunter Killer. Basically, it’s just a tank on legs instead of wheels or tracks. It has 8 hydraulic and servo motor powered legs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]407547[/ATTACH]

With Paint:

Got some free time today and I worked on my walking tank.

I kinda liked the Armata turret so I applied it on my tank.

Got some free time to work with my tank again:

It is leg day today so I might as-well work on my tank’s legs:

Framework completed but not ready to rock and roll just yet. I will now be adding minor details.

I have to say this is looking pretty good Hans Zimr. I like the last render of the walking tank. Can’t wait to see a walking and firing animation.

I’m still learning how to animate. It would take a long time to animate these. The tank would move like a spider. I’m still observing how spiders walk.

Adding more detail. I will be modeling the interior this week if I’m lucky to have some free time.

Added bigger legs, cameras and an additional minigun (12.7mm type) and ammo box.

The tank has a 30mm anti-aircraft cannon, 12.7mm miniguns, a 7.62mm coaxial gun and a cannon of unknown caliber. The crew compartment is on the back. Cameras placed around the tank acts as windows. It was a battery powered tank. The engine and batteries are located in the front encased inside an armored capsule.

Size comparison:

1.90m suit

I saw this:

Which inspired me to model this beast:

The Troop Crawler “Centipede/Caterpillar”

It moves fast and flies off hills. It’s passengers are too nauseous.

Walking Tank Update:

Added minor details and started working on the interior

Interior WIP

Modeling the cannon:

Reference 120mm

Modelling log 17:
I saw a UFO in the night sky. I Googled “newest ufo sightings”, I browsed through the images then I saw this:

I started modelling:

I really like that while appearing to keep things low poly, there’s an overall air of complexity about your models. I have a ridiculously hard time keeping my meshes simple!

I’d like to weigh in regarding the scratch textures in that, you might have a look at getting some more detailed scratches on the outermost exposed edges/extremities of the models, and inversely perhaps some dirt down in the cracks and crevices? I don’t have any links to hand, but i’ve seen quite a lot of good tutorials regarding grunge texturing - shouldn’t be too hard to look up if you’re not sure where to start :slight_smile:

The modeling is looking pretty cool - though I’d suggest looking at that Hard Ops addon. The stand in texture isn’t doing very well to show off your work - the scale is huge still, and makes the tank look tiny in comparison to the scratches. If you don’t mind, I’d love to take a whack at texturing that walking tank for you, even if just part of it so that I can show you what I think it could look like.

I decided to go with the bell-shaped style seen in the artwork.