Free hdri skies - a lot of

I’d like to invite all of you to my second site with hdri maps - hdri-skies.com.
Currently there are 82 free hdri skies, most of them are unclampped and real hdri not mdr, so please find a minute to give them a test. As a reward you can share it or link to it. Free for private and commercial works, but you can’t resale them or share without my permission.
I am planning to deliver full-size packs soon, but limited resolution hdris will remain free (max 8K).

Well.
My life is complete, reserve me a stone and get out the shovels.

Thanks - i’ll definitely take a look - been after some decent HDRIs for a while.

Have you thought about including some night shots - especially illuminated by the full moon. It would nicely round off your collection :slight_smile:

I have taken some of night shots with full moon recently, but do you mind if there are star trails visible ?

Thanks,
looks like I have to abuse my ISP now…

They would be better without - but since there is so few night time HDRIs around - I wouldn’t complain. :smiley:

Out of interest - what settings do you use on your camera. I do a lot of astrophotography and it should be possible to get a full moon HDRI without star trails. I have found that the stars only start showing trails if you go much above an exposure time of 20-30 seconds if using a wide angle lens - but such a long exposure would be massive overkill if shooting to capture the dynamic range of a full moon and perhaps some moonlit clouds. A couple of seconds as your longest exposure should be sufficient (depending of course on aperture and ISO settings).

It takes around 50 seconds for longest exposure. I’ve been trying many combinations, but only with 50 sec I can get so much light without exceeding iso-noise limit level.
I would do next time everything to not pass 20-30 seconds. Thanks for the tip !

Thank you!

I was looking for some HDRI night sky with stars and no luck

One suggestion
if you have some sort of world HDRI for night sky with stars it would be nice

i know it cannot cover all the stars in sky but still a few nice ones over a few months would be nice if possible

and thanks for sharing

happy bl

Now the nights are drawing in - I may have a crack at creating a night time HDRI. If I get decent results - i’ll post it along with the settings I used.

I’m like a kid in a candy store! Do you have a bitcoin address for donations?

@Moony

why is there a problem to make HDRI night sky !
should be possible I hope

I know that it will be limited function of the location and date
but would be nice to have a few of these as HDRI environment 3D map

from another point of view I began working on a script to do stars around the earth
but it is a bit heavy and requires stars data for 10 000 stars.

thanks
happy bl

I would absolutely love some moonlit HDRIs! Really excited to see what you guys post

And thanks so much for sharing these :slight_smile:

Great work, thank you for sharing!

I would love to use a night sky HDRI with star trails, if you have made it!

I’m still didn’t download. How?

wow, those look great! thanks

Why the need for HDRI’s of the night sky? Equirectangular mapped I can understand, but not the range.
Thanks, I’ll try them out.
Uhm, I wasn’t able to download anything, can’t even scroll the individual pages for some reason (old Opera version, and it’s starting to fail :)). Do we need to register? If so, I personally don’t consider it “free”, and I usually don’t bother.

Because it’s Web store - you will need to make order like in every shop with free samples. If you’re afraid of your sensitive data, you can type anything you want and/or use some temporary email, but it’s no problem since page uses secured connection.
I am planning to sell full resolution bundles soon from there.
It’s still free, but it takes only 1 minute more to get them. No we don’t spam or resell your emails. Thousands of people already use maps from my major site HDRMAPS.com and there was nobody reporting spam etc.

Very cool work! Thank you for sharing! Do you consider to make a free Bundle just so we do not have to click/buy them all individually?

Appreciated! All the HDRIs online turn out to be useless Jpegs or expensive paid downloads. I tried taking some HDRs on my sony xperia phone, dont really know what im doing but they looked okish in blender… Now i will try your real HDRs.