Old Sailor

Hi guys. The work is already in a quite advanced state, but I thought I’d open a WIP anyway.

This is entirely done in blender, except for the retopo which is 3dcoat.

Now I need to decide what kind of dress put on him… ideas? And C&C are welcome! :slight_smile:

Very nice character, very sailor looklike
Maybe the characteristic white blue striped t-shirt with shorts and bare feet?

Perfect 5 stars, but i want a high res file xD

Great, he has that spark of life in his eyes and the expression is very convincing.
I think he’s missing a background but this is going great.

The skin and whiskers look really good,lips and his expression as well. To me his eyes look a little small relative to the rest of his facial features.

It looks really good! I like the fuzz. Maybe the eyebrows need some more work :wink:

Excellent work! Is this before opensubdiv?

Thanks for the feedback guys!

The idea is to make just the portrait, but maybe later I will also do the whole body… we’ll see. For now I will focus on this!

So then I think I will go with the striped t-shirt.

I did this in blender 2.75, so no opensubdiv. The highest multires level was about 6mil polys, but it was quite usable, practically no lag at all.

Thanks again for all the feedback! Right now I am a bit busy I hope I can finish this soon! :slight_smile:

For some reason, he reminded me of The Fisherman from Half Life: Lost Coast. Perhaps you could dress your character like him?
Your image is looking excellent by the way! The eyebrows and eyes need work (too small I think) and you need a background, I think a blue/orange bokeh blurred background could look very nice!

I was thinking a background like this could be nice:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]398687[/ATTACH]

thanks terrainer, I really like the idea of the half life fisher man, I think I will go with something like this. I cannot see the image you posted for the environment thou…