preventing textures from disappering?..

hi,

i would probably find the answer to my problem here in a search, but unfortunatly being a noob i have no idea what my problem would be called… :confused:
so here goes:

after completing a project, i have the bad habit of deleting or moving the folder that holds all pics (including the texture pics) needed to texture the thing. but i found that sometimes some of the textures also vanish from my project after rendering.
what i do (maybe wrong???) is apointing a new material to the object (or selection within an object) and add a new texture/image or movie and select the pic i want.
then i go to uv editor section, open the pic in the left window, unwrap the object/selection to the pic and map the object/selection to the places of the pic that i need.
then i go back to the default section and everything looks great (after some remapping in uv editor)…

so far so good, but when i render the project after removing the texture folder (when the project is finished) i notice that some of the textures are disapeared.
is there any way to prevent this? do i need to “save” something after mapping the texture to the object and before returning to default section?
please explain in plain english as i’m still very noob in 3D modeling and don’t understand any of the mumbo jumbo talk that the guru’s here use… :wink:

thanx

franco

File / External Data / Pack All into .blend file. Your blend file will then contain all your textures etc so you can move this one file to any location and it will still have access to all the necessary textures

If you create any new textures in blend er remember to save the actual image file to disk (File / Save Image as or shortcut F3)

wow… that must be a record. a reply in less than 2 minutes… :smiley:

thanx richard, that’s exactly what i needed.
just 1 question: does this save the whole project or do i need to save the blend file first?

thanx,

franco