Artists wanted for sci fi feature film "Pacific Theater"

Hey everyone,
I’m producing a feature film called Pacific Theater, a blend of science fiction and modern day war, about U.S. Marines fighting an alien invasion in the South Pacific. Ships, planes, helicopters, giant spaceships, robots, explosions - this movie has it all. We start filming in less than two weeks, but the VFX work has already begun.

There’s a ton of info about the movie on our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pacifictheaterfilm
And here’s a still image I created to promote it:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]398102[/ATTACH]

I’m based in Brisbane, Australia, and I do a lot of the work on the film myself - I’m the writer, director and lead producer, and I also head up the VFX. This is my 2nd feature film, an ambitious project that will rely heavily on Blender to bring it to life. I can actually do most of this work myself, or at least I know I can figure it out without too much trouble, but it would take months! I did all the VFX on my last feature myself and it took over a year. I’d like to finish this one much quicker. So whatever help I can get, I’d really appreciate it, and there’ll be a cut of the profits in it (if it makes any money, which I’m pretty confident it will).

I’ve got a couple of guys here in Brisbane helping me out but they’re kind of newbies, so I was hoping to cast the net a bit wider and see if I could get some help from more experienced Blender users.

So anyway here’s what I’m after:

1. I need some help giving this guy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]398103[/ATTACH]
some more realism. At the moment he’s just kind of been slapped together with different parts I bought off turbosquid, and he doesn’t hold up to close scrutiny. So modelling and materials is the first thing here - he just needs to look a bit better, hold together better, not look like he’s made of plastic. He’s also been rigged fairly badly and I’d like to give him some better movement that can allow him to be animated more easily. I’d also like to have at least a version of him that can fall over, collapse, roll down a hill etc.

1. General materials work -

I’ve got a lot of models that are pretty much ready to go, but they just need a bit of work making the materials to look a bit less fake. Nothing major, just a bit of tweaking here and there. Ships, planes, helicopters, all metal objects.

1. Animation -

I’ve got a whole bunch of scenes that need to be animated, from little ones with just a single robot walking around, to massive battle scenes like in the still image above. They don’t have to be polished, and definitely not rendered - I just need the basic movements keyed in so I can tweak it, place cameras, and render. Again, whatever help I can get with this, it’ll help speed up the whole process.

So if anyone would like to just do a bit of work, that would be great, but I’m especially eager to work with people who want to really be part of the project and help see it through post production. I also have plans for future films, hopefully with an actual budget, so I’m interested in building relationships with people I can collaborate with on more regular VFX work.

And I’m also keen to see Blender used more and more for professional level productions, and I want to support the development of open source software that can actually be innovative and useful, not just suck money from people with each new upgrade, year after year. As soon as I pay off some of my debts, I’ll be donating a good chunk of Pacific Theater’s profits to the Blender Foundation to help keen the good work going.

So if you’d like to help, let me know and I can explain things in more detail. Or drop us a message on the facebook page there.

Cheers,
Mike Holligan

If you need any visual effects(debri, smoke, things breaking)

Please PM me.

Here is my youtube channel to show you my skills:

http://youtube.com/jesus650rwc