problem moving from Laptop to PC

hey guys got an interesting one. ive been doing some work on my laptop at lunch and moving to the pc in the evenings. normally this isnt a problem but whith one of my characters i had her posed and everything on my laptop. saved to my External HD and moved later to the tower. but everything was off a bit.specifically rotated along the Global X axis, but the bones were in the same places as on the Laptop, anyone else come across this problem? if so how did you fix it. my solution was to apply the armature modifier and then transfer it but then any posing is doneā€¦ there has to be a better way right?

Do you have the same versions of blender on both machines? What operating systems are you running? - more info is needed I think.

I do this kind of thing a lot - work on my Macbook for modelling then transfer to my ubuntu server, via my network, for rendering, I have never encountered the problem you describe. Can you reproduce the problem in a simple blend file and post both files here - i.e. the one from your tower and the one from your laptop.

Cheers, Clock.

i will certainly try but im currently using win10 on both but it happened on 8 too. and fully updated blender as well as the last release. at work now so i cant post any files but ill make one at lunch and show you when i get home :slight_smile:

turns out im having trouble replicating the problem on purpose