Theodore Roosevelt

150 Samples
Cycles
3D Printable (and yes, I printed it on my printer)

Anyhow, this is my first bust and I had to use my mouse because my tablet is broke (6 year old monoprice giving me trouble for the first time [also, if any of you know what I can do to make it work with ubuntu, instead of Window XP which it was built for, please tell me]), and it will likely have a driver issue with Ubuntu when I fix the broken wire… So, long story short, this is all done with a mouse, and is my first bust ever, so I’m not overly proud. Making it 3d Printable added to the struggle, and the glasses didn’t print in the low resolution I set it too, as they were too thin… Might 3d print them separate…
Ugh, that was long and boring, and probably only 10% of you read it to here… (You’re a special person to still be reading)
Here’s some pics :stuck_out_tongue:

|

Also, you can download it here!

Happy Blending!
-Joey

Hi Joey, this is cool! :smiley:
I’d love to see how the print looks…As for the render I would say increase the samples, or clamp the light to reduce the graininess towards the bottom of the bust. Also I would work on the lighting a bit - there’s quite a lot of range in the colours, which is a little jarring. Perhaps the sizes/values also need to be adjusted for the most flattering outcome.

I’d love to see more,

Duncan

Thanks Duncan! Yeah, I agree… I was a little short on time so I did a quick 30 minute render… And lighting was an older lighting setup I did… Doing more soon though :slight_smile:

Good work, although not too much detail in the sculpt. Are you going to texture it?

No… No textures or excessive detail in sculpts for most 3d printers :wink: Or, low quality laptops for that matter (mine).

I think that your sculpt is VERY good. Have you already printed or are you asking for advice before printing? If you haven’t printed yet I have been doing a lot of research into 3D printing and here are a few things to check. Does your mesh have any volume? Using a solidify modifier can fix this in a few moments. I am not sure if the base can hold the head but I am not sure. It is probably my over-conservatism. Is the long piece stringing of the glasses attached to the base? if not it is going to be very fragile. Overall very good work though!

LOL! Yeah, this is was 3d printed a good while ago now… Um, no thickness needed… It’s got a grid inside the mesh, so, yeah, hard to explain. It was printed in 2 pieces, so the only problem with the glasses was, I used low resolution :stuck_out_tongue: So no glasses XD
PS: The base very easily holds the head stable, and it is very difficult to knock over.