Unable to Extrude on The Y Axis

Hi, I am fairy New to Blender and in order to Learn it I’m using some Blender Tutorials Given on the site right now I am using the “Beginners Course” Lesson 02a Castle Modeling. Everything was going OK, things went weird a few times but then when I went to Extrude the Gate House around Page 77. I was unable to Extrude the Object along the Y axis Only the Z Axis, can’t even move it in “Edit Mode” only “Object Mode”.

I Thought about deleting the Object and redoing but If i come across this problem again I want to be able to deal with it. Why is it Lock in place did I hit a button that I shouldn’t have or something?

Thank you for time.

Why is it Lock in place did I hit a button that I shouldn’t have or something?
How are we
Please ALWAYS attach or supply a link to your .blend file else how are we supposed to know anything about your scene

try adding a cube and typing the name of your castle (edit) mesh* in the ‘mesh’ field. you will end up with just the mesh, minus the object data, which might be related to your issue.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]397835[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]397836[/ATTACH]Ya My Bad Forgot to add them

So where’s your .blend file ?

O I didn’t know you could add an unfinished blender project. My Bad thought I would have to use screenshots. So sorry about that

Attachments

Castle In the Night.blend (1.03 MB)

O didn’t Know you could do upload unfinished Blender Project, thought I would have to use screen shots to get it though. So Sorry about that hassle.

Apply the scale in object mode (Ctrl+A) because you have the z axis having a zero scale, Select all the vertices and remove doubles (w remove doubles), extrude (E) then recalculate normals (select all vertices and Ctr+N)

Thank You, It Work. So Sorry for the Hassle. Knowing it was a simple solution feels I wasted your time… I thought I Lock the object out of the Y Axis somehow, at least I know how to the forum sightly better. Thank you for your Help.

simple doesn’t always mean obvious, and we are always happy to help. good call by Richard.
(edit) wrote something confusing in last post…have corrected it. :slight_smile: