BGE realistic helicopter simulator game (Update version)

Hi , everyone ! :eyebrowlift:
I’m new to blender game engine. Lets me share my new game!

I’m still learning on making simulation game in BGE cause its support “Bullet Physic Engine”
So , i’d developed a game called “Helicopter simulation”, This version is my start point , so its have a lot of bugs :smiley:
You can control only 1 helicopter in this version

Control:

-W and S to control helicopter’s power
-E to toggle engine
-ArrowKeys to control helicopter
-Mouse to control camera movement
-Esc to quit

Features

-Optimizing physics
-Realistic world
-Lighting system
-A little reflection effect on helicopter
-A realistic control

Download link

http://wikisend.com/download/340520/BGE basic helicopter sim.rar

Here !!
Some preview from game

Any problem ? just comment ! :cool:
Sorry for bad english , cause Im myanmar :slight_smile:

nice job so far, it looks really good and plays well on my 2.3ghz dualcore. you have chosen a really hard job. a helicoptersim is one of the most difficult things to program when it comes to physics. normaly you cannot do this without a real 6dof concept. and it is near to impossible to steer a helicopter with digital equipment like a keyboard, because you need the slightest corrections to keep the thing airborne. but for the first step i can say, what you have build is very impressive.
for the future i think it is better to parent the camera behind the heli, because you need bot hands to fly. and a last thing to mention: when a helicopter lowers his nose, it dives if you dont change the angle of the rotorblades to get more upforce.

Thanks for sharing this.
I look forward to trying it out. As S-Markt has said, you have chosen a challenging task. Good luck with it, and I look forward to seeing what you have developed, and where you go with it.

Looks good so far.But i thought you meant you could get in fly it in firstperson.When you said simulation.

First , thank for download and playing this game .xD
You will get a lot of bugs in this game .I will fix it soon.
Like S-Markt said , i have fixed many bugs and u right !
need two hands for fly , so I added flight camera to heli and also fiexd heli movement in new version .
And as the game title , I also added real working
cockpit to heli. In this cockpit , u will see Altitude and speed of heli. I will upload new version soon !

BGE realistic helicopter simulator game (Update version)

Lets me share my new version of open source game called ( BGE realistic helicopter simulator game )
I made it for everyone and want to share it because I never seen about BGE finished game:(.
You can use this in your are projet. And script are easy to understand. Easy to understand some about shortcut for making game easy in BGE.

In this version , fixed a lot of bugs .Now it more realistic.You can switch to cockpit or flight or free look view .
Engine system more stable. In cockpit ,you can see alt and speed meter.This version also have a litte bug.
Like my friend , making Heli sim in BGE is very difficult cause there are no tutorial about it.And I think BGE physic system is a little stranger than other game engine.:smiley:

Well , here some control of my game

-E to start or shutdown engine
-W and S to up and down
-ArrowKeys to control heli
-A and D to slide heli
-Mouse to look
-1,2,3 for switch view

Feature

-LOD realistic world
-New heli
-New carrier
-New tree
-Realistic smoke on heli
-More heli sound
-Cockpit view
-light Filter
-simple ocean
-and much more

Download link

http://wikisend.com/download/532018/BGE basic helicopter sim v 1.0.0.2.rar

**In cockpit view , use Spacebar and Mouse to freelook
ESC to quit

Here , some photo from my new version

In next version , I will add plane for fly around.
Sorry for bad english cause Im myanmar.:slight_smile:
Any problem ? .just comment !!!

MODERATION
Please don’t start a new thread just for an update of an exiting game. Use the original thread
The Support / Blender Artists Website Support forum is for questions about this site, not for posting game updates. Both threads have been merged.

Looks very good.
Where are the arms in firstperson view?I noticed when i cut the helicopter engine.And the helicopter sinks into the water. The helicopter starts flying sideways.Can you land on the carrier?