Aurora in cycles? What am i doind wrong? Pass index is not working.

Hi guys. I need help, please. I have problem with proper blurring of my aurora scene.
Just tried everything and it just doesnt look realistickly enough. Also after 20 hours fiddling i discovered that pass index is refusing to work, so i gave my aurora mesh pass index 1, but it doesnt work for some reason, despite i have done everything as before. I also tried to plug in the index MA into the id mask and then into the viewer and it shows black screen instead of aurora mesh. So maybe that the reason why i cant blur aurora properly and it also seems blurs everything around instead of only aurora.

1. So how to fix pass index?
  2. And if i will fix it how to properly combine blur, glare,id mask and image. Thanks

And another question,-

i cannot use Preetham type of Scy texture for some reason because of the horrible glossiness it spreads all over the mesh, and this glossiness i couldnt tide over it in render settings, samples, clump, multiple resol,. filter glossy, nothing helps. Look at the picture-

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/37805

Here is blend file. Can you please check if you can fix pass index or not?

Ok, guys. Pass index works again, seems that blender bugging sometimes. So please just tell me know how properly combine nodes and how to get rid of million fireflies if i want to use Preetham type of Scy texture

How to smooth the edges of aurora?

I would download a pre-release build of 2.76 and do it in that version.

The reason why is because of the presence of the point density texture in Cycles. Then you can simply use a particle system inside of a bounding mesh for a true, volumetric aurora effect.

Ok. Thanks for the tip. I also wondering how to smooth the edges of my aurora mesh?

Well, there is nothing which would smooth irregular mesh along the borders afaik but you could get around by using bigger plane and use procedural textures to get smooth transitions.
Here’s an example to play with, see if this helps.
http://www.pasteall.org/blend/37855