Gotham's Knight

He watches his city from up high, waiting for scum to step out of the shadows. The city challenges him at every turn but he knows that if he stands up against the corruption, he can become something greater, a symbol.

This started out as a sculpting exercise but quickly grew beyond that. I am a big fan of Greg Capullo’s Batman so I used his artwork as references while I was sculpting the character. In regards to the city, I wanted to add well known elements like gargoyles, blimps and spotlights. Everything was made in blender, rendered with cycles on my gpu.

WIP Thread:
www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?376128-Batman-Sculpt

Here is a quick video showing the openGL, wireframe and textured character:

Hope you enjoy it and feel free to comment, critique or ask questions.

Attachments

wow awesome

it’s a beauty.

Thanks for the kind words.

I just finished baking the textures and am getting it ready to upload to sketchfab. It will look different because cycles cant bake fresnel so i had to modify the shader a bit. Should hopefully have it uploaded by the end of the day.

I’m a bit surprised that this didn’t get more than two replys…maybe people don’t realize that the upper pic is the actual render? It does look very much like a comic book cover illustration.

If this is supposed to look like a comic illustration, you can also apply an effect provided by the Freestyle engine to make subtle outlines (simply enable it and work with the options, works for both of Blender’s render engines).

Thanks Modron, I’ll see if changing the thumbnail will help.

@Ace Dragon never thought about doing that, seems like a cool idea. Thanks for the suggestion, will have to try it later.