1961 Chevrolet Corvette

This is a really recent model I’ve been working on. These are the only two renders I have so far as I haven’t finished the interior yet. I’ll put future renders in the comments. So far I’ve spent probably six hours on this.

Attachments

Where’s the driver? :open_mouth:
Amazing work :slight_smile:

Must have exit the car to take the photo. :stuck_out_tongue:
Great job GRAPEdesign!

the first photo is looking up to much have it look done at the car instead

Yea the driver isn’t too fond of photos…XD Thanks guys!

There are 3 reasons the camera is like that…
1 the interior isn’t quite finished yet
2 the horizon is very visible if the camera is much higher
3 I like the low to the ground feel for the camera

But you do have a valid point. It would look good with a higher camera angle. Whenever I finish the rest of the car, I’ll post some more renders. Thanks for your input:)

I finished the interior this weekend and rendered some studio shots yesterday. This model will be available on Blend Swap; I’ll post the link when it gets published.

Only 6 hours on the body? That is really fast. I’d sure like a glimpse into your workflow.

Looks great.

I don’t have a timelapse of this model but I do have one of a tractor I made (https://youtu.be/dRP_Mo1mZfw). Thanks!

Also I’m re-rendering these three last pics because I forgot to mirror an object across the hood. I’ll have the correct renders posted later tonight, maybe tomorrow morning.

Ok, here are the fixed renders. Also here is the link to the blendswap page (http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/81169).

Attachments

I partnered with Sebastian Brent to make an animation of my corvette. I must say, he did an extraordinary job! He has a website with lots of cool stuff on it as well (inlitestudio.com).

I also had someone on BlendSwap request a tutorial; so I’ve decided to do one on helpful techniques with cars in general. If you have any ideas or questions you’d like to be answered, let me know and I’ll try to address them. Since this will be my first tutorial, I don’t know when it will be uploaded, but I’m going to shoot for sometime next week.

Stunning :smiley:

Thank you!

That is a stunning car, love all the beautiful details.

Thank you very much!

A couple days ago, I figured out a way to make a nice metallic car material. It is actually a very simple node setup. You can download that from Blend Swap by clicking here. Since I made this new car paint material, I decided to remake some of my Corvette renders. I am very pleased with the results that I got. I also might be adding more Corvette renders soon because it’s one of my favorite models. Here’s the Blend Swap link for the Corvette model if you’re too lazy to scroll up lol. here

Looks Fantastic, I always love classic cars. Figured I cant afford them might as well make them in 3D. What kind of software did you used?

Thank you! Yea they certainly are beautiful. I used Blender for this and did a little post processing in Photoshop.

great renders and nice car paint!

Awesome job. When you can get the model close enough where you have to look long and hard at the render to decide whether it’s a photo of an actual car, you’ve succeeded.

Thank you!

Thank you so much, that’s encouraging to hear!